wiring issue

Discussion about the MX60 Charge Controller

Moderators: OutBack, OutBack Moderator Team

wiring issue

Postby j. david cox on Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:32 am

I have two PV circuits feeding the CC. The exact same. Used to have one but I just went out and duplicated it. So, I now have another string of panels coming into the 'box' and feeding a second breaker - just like the first one. The first, older string, had a positive power lead coming in the bottom of the breaker and a smaller lead going to the digital display in the CC. Given that the second string is feeding the same power bar, then it seemed to me that wiring in a 'pigtail' from the top of the second breaker to the top of the first breaker (which has a lead to the CC) would simply 'pass on' the 'additional second string information to the CC. Then I wondered if it had to be separate? Now I just wonder. Can I get the second string to report by pigtailing or do I need to run a separate lead somewhere?
j. david cox

My RE system: 14 PV panels, 8 x 12 v and 6 x 24v. 2100 watts. OUTBACK MX60 and fan-version of the OUTBACK 48 volt inverter. 12 8D (12v) batteries for 660 ah. three gensets, Honda Eu2000, Honda EM 5000 and an old greasy beast of an Isuzu (15kw).

Re: wiring issue

Postby j. david cox on Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:05 am

Maybe I figured it out....the two breakers are on the same power bar - and the 'pick-up' for the information is going through the number one breaker but it is connected to the two and so that pickup should read all that needs reading. NO pigtail necessary....?
j. david cox

My RE system: 14 PV panels, 8 x 12 v and 6 x 24v. 2100 watts. OUTBACK MX60 and fan-version of the OUTBACK 48 volt inverter. 12 8D (12v) batteries for 660 ah. three gensets, Honda Eu2000, Honda EM 5000 and an old greasy beast of an Isuzu (15kw).

Return to MX60 Charge Controller