Mate Screen Unreadable

Discussion about the OutBack Mate Remote

Moderator: OutBack Moderator Team

Mate Screen Unreadable

Postby paronate on Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:59 am

After hitting ac in button to manually turn generator on the screen changed to only show //////////////////////////////////// or ############################# it is up at our remote cabin and can't remember which. Anyway the mate seems to still work where I can turn on the generator off and on or set to auto but can't see what I am doing just used to using so know what buttons to hit. Do I need a replacement or is there a easier way to fix this?
paronate

My RE system: Off Grid cabin with two outback inverters, mate, charge controller. System built with absolyte batteries in 2005.

Re: Mate Screen Unreadable

Postby tallgirl on Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:57 am

Disconnect the Mate from the Hub, count to 10, reconnect it. See if that solves the problem.

There have been some glitches in the past where the Mate display got garbled and the only way to ungarble it was to "reset" the Mate. Let us know how that works and then you maybe get to call OutBack for an RMA.
Julie in Texas

greenMonitor(tm) for OutBack Power Technologies systems from greenHouse Gas and Electric. Learn more now!
tallgirl
OutBack Emperor

My RE system: 16 Kyocera KC175GT (2,800 watts DC), MX-60, 2 OutBack GVFX3648, 24 GC2 batteries (6v @ 215AH), 14 Pantheon-based ACPV modules (3,200 watts DC), La Crosse Technologies WS2310 Weather Station, greenLogger Sensors environmental monitor, WattNode watt-hour meter, greenLogger Lite data logger.

Postby Bowsandarrows on Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:27 am

How can a MATE be reset if the screen is not visible? If unplugging does not help, is there a jumper option or something that can in effect reset to factory specs? There is nothing in the manual.
Bowsandarrows
OutBack Czar

My RE system: 9) 218 watt Mitsubishi PV, FX3524 Outback, FM-80 CC, AirX-400 "makes a great weather vane", Diesel 8KW Northern-lights generator, 16 Surrette S-530 batteries. System operating in AGS mode. Best of all no Utility company hounding me for payment. Worked for the ever present utility company for 25 years, have learned a hard lesson.

Postby tallgirl on Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:41 am

Larry,

Not that I know of. The only way to reboot/reset a Mate is unplug it, count to some number bigger than 5 or 6, then plug it back in.
Julie in Texas

greenMonitor(tm) for OutBack Power Technologies systems from greenHouse Gas and Electric. Learn more now!
tallgirl
OutBack Emperor

My RE system: 16 Kyocera KC175GT (2,800 watts DC), MX-60, 2 OutBack GVFX3648, 24 GC2 batteries (6v @ 215AH), 14 Pantheon-based ACPV modules (3,200 watts DC), La Crosse Technologies WS2310 Weather Station, greenLogger Sensors environmental monitor, WattNode watt-hour meter, greenLogger Lite data logger.

Return to Mate