PROBLEM WITH MATE

Discussion about the OutBack Mate Remote

Moderator: OutBack Moderator Team

PROBLEM WITH MATE

Postby jreyes on Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:22 am

I have a charge controller and a FX inverter. I just received my last purchase: a Mate Outback.

I connected it to my FX and put in the date and time as indicated by the manual. Then pressed the inverter button and somehow it turned off my inverter, and it would not turn it back on. I disconnected the Mate and turned the inverter back on manually.

When I connected Mate back it began to beep fast and change the info window very fast and it will not stay in one window, but when I press the first 2 buttons it goes to the main window and stay there for a while may be two minutes, then it goes back to the intermittent changes with beeps.

I have tried to re establish the factory defaults values and it goes back to normal for a while but after about 5 minutes begin changing again with beeps.

Please advise me what to do. :eek:
jreyes

Re: PROBLEM WITH MATE

Postby tallgirl on Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:41 am

Contact OutBack and request an RMA. It sounds like you got unlucky and received a bad unit.

The good news is that OutBack customer support is the best and you could have your replacement before you know it.
Julie in Texas

greenMonitor(tm) for OutBack Power Technologies systems from greenHouse Gas and Electric. Learn more now!
tallgirl
OutBack Emperor

My RE system: 16 Kyocera KC175GT (2,800 watts DC), MX-60, 2 OutBack GVFX3648, 24 GC2 batteries (6v @ 215AH), 14 Pantheon-based ACPV modules (3,200 watts DC), La Crosse Technologies WS2310 Weather Station, greenLogger Sensors environmental monitor, WattNode watt-hour meter, greenLogger Lite data logger.

Re: PROBLEM WITH MATE

Postby jreyes on Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:22 pm

YES!! I did write to them and Iam surprise how they responded. They are snding me a new unit and then I will return the defective one back to them.

Keira Earhart was more than polite. I feel proud to have an Outback Inverter and a charge controller.

jreyes

Return to Mate