New system setup problem

Website & Forum Discussions
Check here for our Welcome Message

Moderators: administrator, OutBack, OutBack Moderator Team

New system setup problem

Postby Wildmangreen on Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:57 pm

I have a 15 kw system with two 8048 inverters...and all necessary equipment such as controllers etc. set up as grid tied battery backup...two pair of 60 amp breakers on the main panel and two pair of 60 amp breakers in the inverter output combiner panel...everything works until I engage those 60 amp breakers...I get an error message in the mate that there is a gs2 short...it’s okay if I only turn on three of the four sets of breakers but when that fourth one closes the system reacts with that message...I have checked the wires a dozen times and everything is properly connected from The load centers...any Suggestions? Advice?
Wildmangreen

My RE system: 15 kw...54 panels...2 8048 inverters, 4 charge controllers, mate3, hub etc.

Re: New system setup problem

Postby klundquist on Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:56 am

Do you have a diagram of how the system is wired?

It sounds like the inverter output is going to your main grid panel. The inverter input should come from the main grid panel and the output should go to a separate load panel that is not connected to the main panel.

-Kurt
Kurt Lundquist
Alpha Energy Systems Engineer
http://www.alpha.com/solar
klundquist
Alpha Energy Engineering

My RE system: VFX3524, Mate, 200Ah 24V AGM Battery Bank

Re: New system setup problem

Postby Wildmangreen on Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:09 pm

Thanks for the reply...figured it out as a controller issue...so far so good!
Wildmangreen

My RE system: 15 kw...54 panels...2 8048 inverters, 4 charge controllers, mate3, hub etc.

Return to Website & Forum