vfx3524 NO AC output, could use suggestions

Website & Forum Discussions
Check here for our Welcome Message

Moderators: administrator, OutBack Moderator Team

vfx3524 NO AC output, could use suggestions

Postby tunruh on Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:26 pm

Hi,

I returned after a weekend away to find that our inverter would not provide any AC output nor will it charge the batteries. The inverter had been off, as I had no necessary loads while we were gone. There are no error codes or warnings on the Mate, but it does indicate the zero AC or DC output. However, all controls seem to be working, including turning on the inverter, which results in a hum and the appropriate green lights, but no voltage. I have two breakers that are paired to allow AC input from the generator to bypass the inverter, and when I switch to bypass, then I have power at the main panel, but when I switch back, the generator power is not passed on to the main panel.

Any ideas? Is there a function like this in the programming for some reason, that I might have missed in the manual? Any other troubleshooting suggestions?

Thanks,
Tom
tunruh

My RE system: VFX3524, mx60, 12 Kyocera 130gt, Kohler res12, 8 Crown 395 6V

Re: vfx3524 NO AC output, could use suggestions

Postby mraub on Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:40 am

Dear Tom,

What is your DC voltage reading on those top inverter terminals? If you have a green inverter status light on the inverter, you should be able to read AC voltage on the AC Hot Out. What does the Mate read that the inverter is doing if you go to Status/FX/Meter. In the upper left hand screen you should see "Invert." If you press down, this will also tell you your AC output voltage. How does this compare to your voltmeter reading?
~Mary Raub
Former Tech Support
mraub
OutBack Guru

My RE system: FX2012T Inverter/Charger; Hub-4; Mate3; FW250 DC/AC breaker enclosure; FW Input-Output Bypass; RTS; FlexNet DC; MX-60; 12V OutBack Cell 200RE AGM

Re: vfx3524 NO AC output, could use suggestions

Postby tunruh on Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:56 am

Thanks for getting back to me.

I'll try to reach you by phone.
tunruh

My RE system: VFX3524, mx60, 12 Kyocera 130gt, Kohler res12, 8 Crown 395 6V

Return to Website & Forum