Mate main menu access

Website & Forum Discussions
Check here for our Welcome Message

Moderators: administrator, OutBack Moderator Team

Mate main menu access

Postby tonyc on Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:54 pm

Can anyone help - I am having a lot of difficulty getting back to the main screen.
As soon as I go to AGS menu there is no easy way to exit and go to the main screen.
I have tried pressing the first 2 soft keys simultaneously as recommended in the manual but this only ever seems to work if there are no other labelled soft keys. All the soft keys work OK individually, maybe I am just ham fisted!
I normally disconnect the mate and reconnect but this is no so good if the AGS function is operating.
Any help appreciated. :sad:
Tony
tonyc

My RE system: FX inverter, Mate, 24 volt system with wind and hydro and currently 800 watts solar. New yet to be installed - Charge controller Flexmax80 and 1600watts solar.

Re: Mate main menu access

Postby klundquist on Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:21 am

Here is the path to get out of the ADV/MATE/AGS menu.

Press PG2>PG3>PG4>ADV

That will bring you to the Advanced menu.

From ADV press PG2>PG3>PG4>MAIN

Can you get to the Main screen from the INV hotkey screen by pressing the lower two buttons? If that works then from the AGS menu you could press the INV key and then use the two button trick to get back to the main screen.

Pressing the lower two buttons should work the same way from any menu on the mate. Pressing them simultaneously can be tricky sometimes. It is pretty easy to accidentally change settings on your Mate by using the two buttons. I always try to navigate to a safe screen like the end/bottom of the programming menu.

What is the firmware Revision on your Mate? Goto SETUP>MATE to find the code.

-Kurt
klundquist
OutBack Guru

Postby tonyc on Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:19 pm

Hi Kurt
Thanks for the info - maybe I have an old rev - it is 404?
When I do inv hot key I get the inv control panel I don't want to mess with the to left buttons as they are search and off.
If I do AGS PG4 the ADV button returns to the ADV/MATE/AGS top screen.

The difficulty is getting to a safe screen - It would be better if the added the main screen to a page on the AC or INV hot buttons.
thanks
Tony
tonyc

My RE system: FX inverter, Mate, 24 volt system with wind and hydro and currently 800 watts solar. New yet to be installed - Charge controller Flexmax80 and 1600watts solar.

Postby klundquist on Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:17 am

Tony,

The new version of firmware addresses your problems. Contact OutBack's support at (360)435-6030 to arrange for the firmware upgrade.

-Kurt
klundquist
OutBack Guru

Postby tallgirl on Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:07 pm

Kurt,

Are there any other changes? I've stopped using my Mate 2 while I work on the Mate 3, but I do need to check things with a Mate 2 from time to time.
Julie in Texas

greenMonitor(tm) for OutBack Power Technologies systems from greenHouse Gas and Electric. Learn more now!
tallgirl
OutBack Emperor

My RE system: 16 Kyocera KC175GT (2,800 watts DC), MX-60, 2 OutBack GVFX3648, 24 GC2 batteries (6v @ 215AH), 14 Pantheon-based ACPV modules (3,200 watts DC), La Crosse Technologies WS2310 Weather Station, greenLogger Sensors environmental monitor, WattNode watt-hour meter, greenLogger Lite data logger.

Postby tonyc on Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:43 am

Thanks Kurt
Its helpful to know one is not going silly in the old age department. :grin:
tonyc

Postby klundquist on Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:28 am

Julie,

For the most part firmware update 4.1.4 from 4.0.4 dealt with fine tuning the AGS function. Current firmware is 4.1.6. New Mates ship with 4.2.1. I think the function of the firmware is exactly the same between those two versions however.

-Kurt
klundquist
OutBack Guru

Return to Website & Forum