weird issue... Mate not recognising slave FX...

Website & Forum Discussions
Check here for our Welcome Message

Moderators: administrator, OutBack Moderator Team

weird issue... Mate not recognising slave FX...

Postby ico-ge.com on Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:30 am

Yesterday night, with some heavy weather, all of the sudden I hd a power cut, which self reset itself only a 10 seconds after.

Thismorning when I went out to have a look, I found the SLAVE FX with all the lights off but with AUX led ON, and fan turning full speed, with system having dropped batteries, and connected to the grid (no charging).

I did a harware reset, disconnecting everything from everywhere, but when reconnecting I still have the same issue #-o . The slave's led now also shows me batt status in green but AUX still lit. Make will not recognise it even when doing repoll on any port.

Any suggestions?

tnx
ico-ge.com

Re: weird issue... Mate not recognising slave FX...

Postby jscott on Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:18 am

If you have a spare cable, plug the Mate directly into the slave and see if it will recognize the inverter. If the Mate see's all other devices except the slave you may want to contact Outback tech support at 360-618-4363. It's possible that the inverter is in need of repair.

J. Scott
jscott

Postby ico-ge.com on Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:26 pm

indeed.. issue fixed.
250€uro repair... logic circuit bourd blown due to static electricity.

Working again as new.... :)
ico-ge.com

Postby blackswan555 on Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:29 am

If you are worried about it happening again you may want to install surge protectors http://outbackpower.com/products/integr ... rotectors/

Have a good one
Tim
My comments are based on my experience and research, They are not endorsed or checked by Outback.I am an independent British electrician living in Spain, So please take this into account when reading /acting on my post`s.
blackswan555
OutBack Emperor

My RE system: Other peoples, VFX "E" versions, FLA`s, Generators.

Return to Website & Forum