Disconnect battery strings to replace with new

Website & Forum Discussions
Check here for our Welcome Message

Moderators: administrator, OutBack Moderator Team

Disconnect battery strings to replace with new

Postby lgott6 on Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:40 am

Hello, I would like to know the Proper protocall to disconnect (8)24v 2 string application. Replacing with new. I am a new user to Outback. We are off grid. We have the MX60 PV MPPT with 2 inverters. Sequence to throwing breakers and any protocall for mate controller? Thank you Leah
lgott6

My RE system: MX60 PV MPPT

Re: Disconnect battery strings to replace with new

Postby tallgirl on Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:03 pm

lgott6 wrote:Hello, I would like to know the Proper protocall to disconnect (8)24v 2 string application. Replacing with new. I am a new user to Outback. We are off grid. We have the MX60 PV MPPT with 2 inverters. Sequence to throwing breakers and any protocall for mate controller? Thank you Leah

Start generator. AC bypass breakers to "Bypass".

With the Mate, send the inverters an "Off" command.

Turn off the PV array breakers first, then charge controller input, then charge controller output breakers. If you have fuses in the combiner box, ignore the PV array fuses -- the goal is to reduce the amount of current before operating any circuit breaker since disconnecting under high current can shorten the life of a circuit breaker.

Turn off DC breakers to inverters.

Disconnect the negative battery cable, then the positive battery cable.

Assembly is in the opposite order of disassembly.
Julie in Texas

greenMonitor(tm) for OutBack Power Technologies systems from greenHouse Gas and Electric. Learn more now!
tallgirl
OutBack Emperor

My RE system: 16 Kyocera KC175GT (2,800 watts DC), MX-60, 2 OutBack GVFX3648, 24 GC2 batteries (6v @ 215AH), 14 Pantheon-based ACPV modules (3,200 watts DC), La Crosse Technologies WS2310 Weather Station, greenLogger Sensors environmental monitor, WattNode watt-hour meter, greenLogger Lite data logger.

Return to Website & Forum