DA** - you logged me out after all that effort writing

Website & Forum Discussions
Check here for our Welcome Message

Moderators: administrator, OutBack Moderator Team

DA** - you logged me out after all that effort writing

Postby bushman on Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:35 am

Please warn us before logging us out, or at least save our work if you log us out. I just lost an hour of work. It is crucifying!
bushman
OutBack Expert

My RE system: 1800 Ah naval battery bank, consisting of 2 sets of 12 x 2V 900 Ah capacity lead acid unsealed cells for 24V inverter with 3kW output. Now added (June2008) 2nd inverter. Aim is to use and charge whole bank in half the time instead half the bank with one inverter. 7.5 kW diesel generator. AC side (being UK) is 240V (or 230).
LATEST UPDATE: Had a major lightning storm in July 09. Window and door handles glowing and sparking, generator was running (so charging batteries). 4 or 5 lightning bangs, then massive explosion from gen shed .... 12 out 24 900 Amp 2V cells with lids blown to kingdom come. Have now got 12 X 2V Rolls 5000 2-YS-31P cells. Wondering if Faraday cage would prevent this explosive problem in future... Will post to ask for ideas.

Re: DA** - you logged me out after all that effort writing

Postby ralphday on Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:58 am

Would the log out be due to timing out?

Ral;ph
ralphday
OutBack Expert

Postby bushman on Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:54 pm

Err... yes. But not necessary to cause loss without warning and opportunity to save etc - this has been answered by Outback with apologies.
bushman
OutBack Expert

My RE system: 1800 Ah naval battery bank, consisting of 2 sets of 12 x 2V 900 Ah capacity lead acid unsealed cells for 24V inverter with 3kW output. Now added (June2008) 2nd inverter. Aim is to use and charge whole bank in half the time instead half the bank with one inverter. 7.5 kW diesel generator. AC side (being UK) is 240V (or 230).
LATEST UPDATE: Had a major lightning storm in July 09. Window and door handles glowing and sparking, generator was running (so charging batteries). 4 or 5 lightning bangs, then massive explosion from gen shed .... 12 out 24 900 Amp 2V cells with lids blown to kingdom come. Have now got 12 X 2V Rolls 5000 2-YS-31P cells. Wondering if Faraday cage would prevent this explosive problem in future... Will post to ask for ideas.

Postby Watt.sun on Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:22 am

Feel your pain... Because it happened to me, I started to copy/paste the messages into a blank Outlook email message to check spelling and serve as a backup.
Watt.sun
OutBack Whiz

My RE system: 1200 PV watts of Kryocera Solar, 1000 PV watts of BP, GVFX3524, MX60, Mate, Hub, IOTA DLS-27-40, 440ahr@24v AGM battery bank, Midnite Solar circuit box, 12 circuit xfer box, Honda iEU2000i, FN-DC, and greenMonitor software. Located south of Houston, Tx.

Postby bushman on Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:15 am

Yeah, once burned twice shy, and never again. I now do the same, as the people who manage this for Outback appear not to have taken any notice yet of Scott's request to do something about it - like at least serving warning of imminent log-out.
bushman
OutBack Expert

Postby blackswan555 on Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:56 am

Is it your connection ? Just to try it, I started this post at 11,29 left it, came back to It, now 13.56, posted no problem ?

Tim
My comments are based on my experience and research, They are not endorsed or checked by Outback.I am an independent British electrician living in Spain, So please take this into account when reading /acting on my post`s.
blackswan555
OutBack Emperor

My RE system: Other peoples, VFX "E" versions, FLA`s, Generators.

Postby bushman on Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:14 am

Thanks for your interest.
Interesting result from your experiment. I did not time it yesterday, but I guess it was least 2-3 hours with interruptions on a message, and I got logged out. Luckily (learnt) I had saved.
I am not the only one who had this happen, and Outback have acknowledged this, so as to how it relates to individual connections and how, I simply do not know...
Bushman
bushman
OutBack Expert

Return to Website & Forum