AEOLOS wind turbines

Website & Forum Discussions
Check here for our Welcome Message

Moderators: administrator, OutBack Moderator Team

AEOLOS wind turbines

Postby bivanova on Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:35 pm

Not really Outback related,but has any one out there had any experience with these machines. i understand there are dealers in the U.S and i would like to contact a few .
All thought would be appreciated

Rob
bivanova
OutBack Expert

Re: AEOLOS wind turbines

Postby blackswan555 on Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:29 am

I would suggest a good LONG LONG look at other peoples experience with small wind power,
I have not used it but from what I read, 99% of its owners wish they had spent the money on panels instead,
The other 1% have cranes / platform lifts, lots of spare time, no neighbors, A deaf + blind wife, A company that installs them and a very romantic way to read output figures,

Have a good one
Tim

ps have a look over on http://www.wind-sun.com theres plenty of satisfied customers :grin:
My comments are based on my experience and research, They are not endorsed or checked by Outback.I am an independent British electrician living in Spain, So please take this into account when reading /acting on my post`s.
blackswan555
OutBack Emperor

My RE system: Other peoples, VFX "E" versions, FLA`s, Generators.

Postby tallgirl on Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:39 am

Tim's generally correct.

Do you have a valid site wind survey? Small wind requires a LOT of wind. I'm planning to put a (borrowed) turbine up for a bit of turbine researching, but I'm not expecting it to produce enough power to keep it. Which is why I put "(borrowed)" in there. Perhaps if you have constant 10m/s plus winds, but if you don't, forget it.
Julie in Texas

greenMonitor(tm) for OutBack Power Technologies systems from greenHouse Gas and Electric. Learn more now!
tallgirl
OutBack Emperor

My RE system: 16 Kyocera KC175GT (2,800 watts DC), MX-60, 2 OutBack GVFX3648, 24 GC2 batteries (6v @ 215AH), 14 Pantheon-based ACPV modules (3,200 watts DC), La Crosse Technologies WS2310 Weather Station, greenLogger Sensors environmental monitor, WattNode watt-hour meter, greenLogger Lite data logger.

Postby bivanova on Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:13 pm

Thanks , i am fully aware of the pit falls associated with wind turbines. i have some clients who have a positive experience because of the wind analysis that we do at each proposed site prior to actually installing one. My original question however was about a specific brand of machine. i always enjoy reading all posts but i hope the next one helps me to answer the question that i originally posted

Rob
bivanova
OutBack Expert

Return to Website & Forum