Crewzer Message

Website & Forum Discussions
Check here for our Welcome Message

Moderators: administrator, OutBack Moderator Team

Crewzer Message

Postby crewzer on Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:45 am

All,

I must sadly announce that I am suspending my forum participation effective today. This was not an easy decision to make.

I joined the forum five years ago, in September, 2004. I’ve made over 1,900 posts since then and I hope that at least two or three were useful to my fellow members. Almost 30% of the posts were in support of the legacy MX60 MPPT charge controller.

The forum has certainly been valuable to me. I learned a lot about RE technology and about OutBack products, and it has been my privilege to share what I’ve learned, both on this forum as well as via other channels. The forum eventually led me to a career change, and I joined OutBack in June of 2008.

Working at OutBack was one of the highlights of my long and varied career. I made wonderful new friends at the company, and it was odd in a way that I was being paid to do what I enjoyed by helping our customers -- distributors, retailers, designers, installers, maintainers, and end-users –- understand the products and how to effectively use them.

I also had the opportunity to represent OutBack and advocate their products are RE trade shows and similar events, where I was lucky to meet many industry “regulars”. Some of these people are also now new friends, and some are business associates to one degree or another.

However, as a result of general economic conditions and specific business issues, I, along with quite a few other people, was laid off from OutBack on August 3. I’ve continued to provide limited forum support without compensation for the past two months, but that’s no longer a viable business model.

It’s now time for me to move on. I’ll keep you posted on where I end up, and I hope I’ll be able to see a few of you at the Solar Decathlon starting next week in Washington, D.C., or perhaps at the Solar Power show later this month in Anaheim, CA.

Regards to all, and my sincere thanks.

Jim / crewzer
090805 System Configuration: 966 W STC (849 W CEC PTC) 48V PV array, FM80, 24V x 400 Ah AGM battery bank, FX2524T w/ BTS, Hub-4 & Mate; Link-10 w/ BTS, & E-Panel.
crewzer
OutBack Emperor

Re: Crewzer Message

Postby Singlemalt on Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:28 pm

I think Outback have lost a fantastic ambassador for their product and company.

I would like to say Thank you Jim for all of the training and information you gave me.
Singlemalt
OutBack Expert

My RE system: 2 Parallel Arrays: 4 BP 125w, 6 Shell 175w 1550w
wired 48V 6 Suntech 170w 1020w
2 FM 80 CC, 12 Surrette 2 KS 33PS 1766AH 24 V
Xantrex 40/24 Inverter, Hub4, Mate, FN-DC,
Honda EM5000is Generator

Postby pscott on Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:08 pm

Jim,

I want to add my thanks for all the advice I've received from you. Your presence here will certainly be missed.

Pete
pscott
OutBack Guru

My RE system: FX3024 (export)
Flexmax 80
Mate
4 port hub
10 200Ah FLA
3KW (30 100w) panels
15KW Ohnan/Bosh genset

Postby solarstudent on Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:23 pm

Jim,

Thank you for your many contributions to this site. Your organized, logical and well-referenced explanations to many issues have really helped me over the past few years. I've learned much from you.

I spec OB products for offgrid projects because 1) they work, 2) the generous support and warranty policies of the company, and 3) the high quality discussion, debate & problem solving happening daily on this forum.

I wish you (and OB) well.
Trace/Xantrex/Schneider Onduleur=SW5548/D. Shell SM110 x 32, MX60, Surrette 1100Ah@48v, TM500a
solarstudent
OutBack Guru

Postby blackswan555 on Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:09 am

I wish you all the best for the future and thank you for sharing you knowledge and time, I have learnt a great deal from you and am sad to see "THE EXPERT" leave,

Have a very good one
Tim
My comments are based on my experience and research, They are not endorsed or checked by Outback.I am an independent British electrician living in Spain, So please take this into account when reading /acting on my post`s.
blackswan555
OutBack Emperor

My RE system: Other peoples, VFX "E" versions, FLA`s, Generators.

Postby intellact on Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:11 am

Ditto to all of the above, Jim.

You have been a legendary model of the best of what this kind of forum can offer people, and the contribution of your time, knowledge, and integrity have been inspiring to us all. It was a great pleasure to meet up with you in Wisconsin and I look forward to the next time we cross paths. :smile:
Andrew Welch, creator of WattPlot
intellact
OutBack Guru

Postby Matt J on Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:03 am

Best of luck Jim!

The OutBack team will miss you greatly.
It was great to work with you and I know you will do well wherever you go.
Matt James
OutBack Power Technologies Inc.
Matt J
Site Admin

My RE system: Home system: FW250. one GVFX3648, Flexnet DC, HUB4, Mate3, Sterling 140aH VRLA
Wood Shop: FW500, two VFX3648, Flexnet DC, HUB4, Mate3, FM60, 750W PV, 1,500ah FLA 2-volt locomotive batteries

Postby The Electron on Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:16 pm

I've been gone from the forum for too long (not by preference) and just saw this and wanted to add a comment or two.

Anybody can plainly see when a forum has 'certain' members who so selflessly contribute to whether the forum is just average, or better than that. Certainly Jim has this fact to be proud of. He switched 'brands', but just think how his knowledge here lives on! Thank you Crewzer! (you better at least stop by once in awhile to at least learn something from your old brand O classmates!
The Electron
OutBack Guru

Postby tallgirl on Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:18 pm

The Electron wrote:I've been gone from the forum for too long (not by preference) and just saw this and wanted to add a comment or two.

Anybody can plainly see when a forum has 'certain' members who so selflessly contribute to whether the forum is just average, or better than that. Certainly Jim has this fact to be proud of. He switched 'brands', but just think how his knowledge here lives on! Thank you Crewzer! (you better at least stop by once in awhile to at least learn something from your old brand O classmates!

You can find him, and a number of past and present regulars on the "Brand O" board over on the NAWS website.
Julie in Texas

greenMonitor(tm) for OutBack Power Technologies systems from greenHouse Gas and Electric. Learn more now!
tallgirl
OutBack Emperor

My RE system: 16 Kyocera KC175GT (2,800 watts DC), MX-60, 2 OutBack GVFX3648, 24 GC2 batteries (6v @ 215AH), 14 Pantheon-based ACPV modules (3,200 watts DC), La Crosse Technologies WS2310 Weather Station, greenLogger Sensors environmental monitor, WattNode watt-hour meter, greenLogger Lite data logger.

Postby crewzer on Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:12 am

You're all very kind. :oops:

Regards to all,
Jim / crewzer
090805 System Configuration: 966 W STC (849 W CEC PTC) 48V PV array, FM80, 24V x 400 Ah AGM battery bank, FX2524T w/ BTS, Hub-4 & Mate; Link-10 w/ BTS, & E-Panel.
crewzer
OutBack Emperor

Return to Website & Forum