No Internet Connection, etc.

True Hybrid Energy System
BBroderick
Forum Junior Member
My RE system: Skybox with 400ah gel batteries and 12 Astronergy 285w panels from Wholesale Solar

No Internet Connection, etc.

Post by BBroderick » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:15 pm

I have been struggling with trying to establish an internet connection for several days now. I am sure of the hard wire connection but am unable to establish a connection. Light comes on, both orange and green below the connection point but it only gets as far as trying to connect and then ultimately fails. I have been looking for some setting information to work with but am unable to find that either. All I have is the programming guide and that information is not in depth at all. Once I make connection I will be able to upgrade my firmware and hopefully resolve the other glitches that are occurring such as the warning message comes up every 10 minutes or so that my controller is running out of Ram. This causes the system to react very slowly. It can take as long as 10 minutes to get through the password log in process and then many times it will put me back to the main page. Frustrating to say the least.

raysun
Forum Emperor
My RE system: Flexpower Two: (2) FXR3048A, (2) FM80, MATE3s, FlexNetDC
SimpliPhi 48-3.8 (6 @ 48v)
Outback IBR3 battery enclosure
Suniva 330 watt panels (12 - 6 strings of 2 in series)
Hyundai 355 watt panels (6 - 3 strings of 2 in series)
Honda EU7000is gas fuel generator

Re: No Internet Connection, etc.

Post by raysun » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:42 pm

I don't own a Skybox, so can't walk you through the setup, however, there are some basic things to check.

• Confirm a functioning internet connection at the router servicing the LAN to which the Skybox is to be connected. Note the router's LAN IP address. Make sure DHCP is enabled and the router is issuing IP addresses to computers on the LAN.

• Confirm the Skybox is receiving a valid IP Address from the router. The Skybox is set up by default to use DHCP to request a LAN IP address. If the router is not responding with an address, the Skybox cannot connect to the LAN, and subsequently, the internet. Check that the Skybox configuration shows a valid IP address for the LAN.

• If the LAN router is not furnishing a proper address via DHCP, the IP address in the Skybox can be entered via its setup menu by disabling DHCP and entering a valid LAN address manually.