String Sizing tool for Skybox

True Hybrid Energy System

String Sizing tool for Skybox

Postby Ampster on Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:50 pm

When is the string sizing tool going to be upgraded for the Skybox? I can questimate a string size between 250-500v but using the tool would be optimum.
Converted 1974 VW Convertible to electric and regularly drive a Fiat 500e and Tesla Model X which are charged at Super Off Peak rates.
Ampster
Forum Whiz

My RE system: 5.7K solar system with Solaredge inverter. Heat pump water heater.
Previous home also used a reconfigured Nissan Leaf pack to power a Radian which was used for load shifting and backup.

Re: String Sizing tool for Skybox

Postby Gwendoly Espe on Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:46 am

Hello,

This is on our list. We have just identified a resource that will work on this, but we don't have the schedule yet. So unfortunately, I don't have a time, but I can inform you that we are on it!
Gwendoly Espe
Applications Engineer

Alpha Technologies Inc. / OutBack Power Technologies
3767 Alpha Way Bellingham WA 98226 USA
http://www.alpha.com
Gwendoly Espe
Applications Engineering

Postby Ampster on Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:03 am

Thanks for the speedy response. As I reflect on my priorities I would prefer AC coupling before the sting sizing utility. No worries, I have the batteries and existing solar panels with a string inverter and will need some time to figure out how much solar capacity I will want to add once I get the Skybox running. That is what I like about this platform. I can incrementally add capacity as my needs get further defined.
Converted 1974 VW Convertible to electric and regularly drive a Fiat 500e and Tesla Model X which are charged at Super Off Peak rates.
Ampster
Forum Whiz

My RE system: 5.7K solar system with Solaredge inverter. Heat pump water heater.
Previous home also used a reconfigured Nissan Leaf pack to power a Radian which was used for load shifting and backup.

Postby Ampster on Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:20 pm

The more I think about this. I don't need the tool for the Skybox. It is easy to figure out the minimum and maximum number of panels since I would probably wire them in series ( 250 to 400v). I guess that is another benefit of the large voltage range of the Skybox. One doesn't have to think in terms of combination of parallel and series panels. For sure AC coupling is a higher priority for me because it would allow my existing grid tie system to function during a power outage.
Ampster
Forum Whiz

Return to SkyBox Inverter