Planned OPTICS RE Maintenance - Thursday May 18th, 08:00

Discussion about the OutBack OpticsRE system monitor

Moderators: OutBack, OutBack Moderator Team

Planned OPTICS RE Maintenance - Thursday May 18th, 08:00

Postby Bryce Millet on Wed May 17, 2017 10:40 am

Maintenance Notification

We will be performing updates on our servers this Thursday, 05/18 at 8:00 AM PDT (15:00 UTC). The OPTICS RE service will be upgraded to version 3.5.4.

There will be a brief service outage during the update, but it should not affect device connectivity for more than a few minutes. The website will be unavailable for up to 2 hours. Thank you in advance for your patience while we make improvements to OPTICS RE!

3.5.4 Update List:

Improvements
Downloadable Reports: Efficiency has been improved for large requests.
Downloadable Reports: Requesting a report for multiple systems at the profile or site level now creates a separate file for each system and packages them together in a compressed folder. A program capable of opening zip files will be able to unpack these.

Bug Fixes
Dashboard Graph: An issue was resolved where incorrect values were being displayed for the To Battery and From Battery totals above the graph.
Dashboard Graph: An issue was resolved where incorrect values were being displayed for Shunt A, B, and C values.
Profile Settings: Fixed an issue where it was possible to set Idle Ping Interval to an invalid value.
Device Map: Fixed an issue where Reset to Defaults did not reset the Auto Reboot Interval.
Profile Registration Wizard : Fixed an issue that would prevent navigation to a previous step in the Wizard.
Event History : Fixed an issue where event history items were sorted lexicographically instead of by absolute time.
Last edited by David LeBow on Wed May 17, 2017 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Made sticky.
Bryce Millet
Software Engineering

Alpha Technologies Inc. | OutBack Power Technologies
3767 Alpha Way Bellingham WA 98226 USA
http://www.alpha.com | http://outbackpower.com/
Bryce Millet
Software Engineering

Re: Planned OPTICS RE Maintenance - Thursday May 18th, 08:00

Postby Bryce Millet on Wed May 17, 2017 10:40 am

This update also adds support for an upcoming MATE3 firmware release.

Upcoming Mate 3 Firmware Release 3.15.5: This firmware is expected to be released by the end of the week on the 19th of May.

You can download the latest available firmware from http://outbackpower.com/catalogs-collaterals/category/td-firmware-updates

Code: Select all
This document lists the changes made to the MATE3 firmware from version 003.015.001 to version 003.015.005.

Model Number: MATE3

Firmware version: 003.015.005

Includes: Bug fixes

Release date: May 2017

Bug Fixes:

- Fixed issue with automatic reboot not functioning.

- Fixed issue with FLEXnet-DC not programmable via OPTICS when installed on HUB port 10.

- Fixed OPTICS partial connectivity issue.

- Fixed issue with 230VAC Radian AC voltages displaying as one half of actual value.

- Fixed OPTICS Event "Battery State of Charge (SOC) stop percentage reached, Generator Stopped"
  battery voltage value missing".

- Fixed issue that would sometimes display wrong screen after selecting a menu item.

- Fixed issue MATE3 locking up when configuring for AC Coupling, connected to HUB and programmed for port 0.

- Fixed issue with supporting 'E' model Radian Inverters not displaying kW or kWh values.

- Fixed OPTICS maximum sell current appeared to be changing upon power-up.

- Removed extraneous data from network data stream.

- Fixed firmware update link within MATE3 internal Web page.

Enhancements:

- Modified OPTICS Auto Reboot functionality to always reboot at specified interval unless generator is being automatically operated by MATE3.

- Improved synchronization of kWh accumulators resetting at midnight between MATE3 and OPTICS to prevent erroneous power output spikes being graphed.

- Improved detection of bad SD-Card.

Known Issues:

- Unreliable data replay functionality which is responsible backfills data after a disconnect event has occurred.
  If the data fails to backfill, then there will be gaps of data missing in the graphing and event history
  sections of the application.

Known Limitations:

- No Updates
Bryce Millet
Software Engineering

Alpha Technologies Inc. | OutBack Power Technologies
3767 Alpha Way Bellingham WA 98226 USA
http://www.alpha.com | http://outbackpower.com/
Bryce Millet
Software Engineering

Postby Mike Curran on Fri May 19, 2017 4:41 pm

Thanks, Bryce. Data looks a lot more reasonable now.
Mike Curran
OutBack Guru

My RE system: Outback:
- 8 (2x4) Evergreen 180's into one MX60
- 6 (2×3) ALEO S79-300's into one FM80
- 2 grid-tied GVFX3524's classic stacked for 120/240VAC
- 12 Surrette/Rolls 2V x 1766Ah
- Hub10.3, Mate3, FNDC, RTS, OpticsRE. Tigo Energy ES maximizers on each PV module.

Westinghouse Solar:
- 30 (2x15) 235W panels with Enphase M215 microinverters, grid-tied.

Postby genebarkin on Tue May 30, 2017 5:57 pm

Since this maintenance release, my system has been behaving strangely. It has basically disconnected completely twice since the update (most recently at 4:03 AM HST on 5/30); it never did that before. A reboot resolved it in between disconnects... but apparently this can't be done remotely. This is problematic because the system is in Hawaii, and I am on the mainland. My installer is on the island, but it's a long drive for him to get to my home on the extreme other side of the island. Is there any way to reboot remotely? We are discussing an auto-reboot configuration. Is that our best option? Or is there any chance that the system can return to a stable configuration (we didn't have to reboot it at all since we first went live in December until the May 18 update). I am told several systems suffered the same fate when the update first took place. I'm not sure if any other systems have had a subsequent disconnect, though. In any case, I will have experienced a total of 5 days without the PV system since the 18th, since no one can get there to reboot it until June 1.

The event logs are also now displaying intermittent "Inverter on port 1 has detected Internal Cooling Fan Failure" messages (which resolve in one minute according to the log). - three on May 29th. Any thoughts on that?

I appreciate that you fixed the sorting error in the event history. I know a previous update was supposed to resolve the "gateway partially connected' messages that fill up the logs. Unfortunately, that condition persists.

Thanks for any insights or suggestions.
genebarkin

My RE system: Mate 3; GS8048; FM80 CC.

Return to OpticsRE