Switching Optics owners- can someone please help???

Discussion about the OutBack OpticsRE system monitor

Moderators: OutBack, OutBack Moderator Team

Islandsolar
Forum Whiz
My RE system: 8000 watt, 48 Volt system consisting of 43 230 watt Canadian solar panels, 1 radian 8048 inverter/2 flexmax charge controllers and Mate3, 4 100Ah lithium-ion smart batteries.

Switching Optics owners- can someone please help???

Post by Islandsolar » Sun May 24, 2020 8:40 pm

We purchased an off grid (all Outback) property on the big island of Hawaii in September of 2019. By January 2020 we were far enough along to want to monitor our off grid system with the Optics system. I opened an account but when I tried to register the Mate3 I got a message saying that the system is already register to the previous owners. I put it a ticket with the Outback help desk and somebody named Calvin responded. I sent him proof of ownership that he requested and he promised someone from admin would help us. He no longer will respond and we have heard nothing in months. Very disappointing.

Jeff

raysun
Forum Emperor
My RE system: Flexpower One: FX3048T, (2) FM80, MATE3s, FlexNetDC
Outback 200NC batteries (8 @ 48v)
Outback IBR3 battery enclosure
Suniva 330 watt panels (12 - 6 strings of 2 in series)
Hyundai 355 watt panels (6 - 3 strings of 2 in series)
Honda EU7000is gas fuel generator

Re: Switching Optics owners- can someone please help???

Post by raysun » Sun May 24, 2020 9:17 pm

One of the Moderators here should be able to route this.

Don't post it here, but have your support ticket info. available.

pss
Forum Guru
My RE system: 8330 watts in three strings, Flexmax 60 x 3, Radian 8048A, GSLC load center, Mate 3S, Hub 10.3, FN-DC and 900 Amp, 48V Trojan T105-RE battery bank.

Post by pss » Mon May 25, 2020 10:40 am

From the mate3 menu, locate the mac address of the mate3 itself.
Provide this information to Outback support and have them migrate the old data to your new account. Maybe give them serial number too.

Optics only allows for a Mac address to be associated with one account.

Islandsolar
Forum Whiz
My RE system: 8000 watt, 48 Volt system consisting of 43 230 watt Canadian solar panels, 1 radian 8048 inverter/2 flexmax charge controllers and Mate3, 4 100Ah lithium-ion smart batteries.

Post by Islandsolar » Mon May 25, 2020 8:03 pm

I know how to establish the account and provide the appropriate information. I don't need instructions, I need Outback to do what they have promised and switch the Mate 3 into my account so I can use the Optics system. They have been provided with all information and documentation requested. They do not seem to interested in responding to the help ticket on their end.

pss
Forum Guru
My RE system: 8330 watts in three strings, Flexmax 60 x 3, Radian 8048A, GSLC load center, Mate 3S, Hub 10.3, FN-DC and 900 Amp, 48V Trojan T105-RE battery bank.

Post by pss » Tue May 26, 2020 6:29 am

"can someone please help".
You don't want help from forum members, you just want to post your complaint.

raysun
Forum Emperor
My RE system: Flexpower One: FX3048T, (2) FM80, MATE3s, FlexNetDC
Outback 200NC batteries (8 @ 48v)
Outback IBR3 battery enclosure
Suniva 330 watt panels (12 - 6 strings of 2 in series)
Hyundai 355 watt panels (6 - 3 strings of 2 in series)
Honda EU7000is gas fuel generator

Post by raysun » Tue May 26, 2020 6:43 am

pss wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 6:29 am
"can someone please help".
You don't want help from forum members, you just want to post your complaint.
It may be a bit of frustration showing through, and understandably so.

Outback obviously has some policy regarding establishing bonafides when a registered system switches owners. This is quite probably to prevent identity theft and to deter equipment theft.

If that's the case, then it's incumbent upon OB to follow through on executing their policy if requirements are satisfied. Not knowing the details, I can't speak to in whose court the ball lies, but this forum is a bit hit-and-miss regarding help for something like this. We users aren't solution providers certainly. Maybe one of the OB folks might see this and kick the can down the road a bit.

@Islandsolar, you've most likely done this, but perhaps another call to OB's switchboard, and ask for someone other than tech support. I'd try sales, frankly, they seem to be pretty action oriented.

Bryce Millet
Software Engineering

Post by Bryce Millet » Tue May 26, 2020 8:43 am

Islandsolar wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 8:03 pm
I know how to establish the account and provide the appropriate information. I don't need instructions, I need Outback to do what they have promised and switch the Mate 3 into my account so I can use the Optics system. They have been provided with all information and documentation requested. They do not seem to interested in responding to the help ticket on their end.
Please check your private messages and I'll do my best to get this sorted out and taken care of.
Bryce Millet
Software Engineering

Alpha Technologies Inc. | OutBack Power Technologies
3767 Alpha Way Bellingham WA 98226 USA
http://www.alpha.com | http://outbackpower.com/

Islandsolar
Forum Whiz

Re: Switching Optics owners- resolved Thank you OB

Post by Islandsolar » Tue May 26, 2020 8:54 pm

I have no intention of being snippy with anyone trying to help. My apologies if my frustration has seeped in. I will take any and all advice with appreciation. I was told several times to be patient and someone would contact me. As the months pass the patients fades. Probably not the right place to find a solution but it was worth a try. I will respond to OB with a PM and see if I can't get this resolved.
Jeff