System changes, misc and AGS

Discussion about the OutBack OpticsRE system monitor

Moderators: OutBack, OutBack Moderator Team

System changes, misc and AGS

Postby JRHill on Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:59 pm

Last spring I went through a change in sat/internet providers which changed all the addresses. During that previous time I was using my WattPlot Pro subscription due to the connection issues with Optics. Afterward this spring, well, I was then out of the house so minimal computer time. So nothing worked afterward. A few days ago I updated the M3 firmware and yesterday reconfigured for OpticsRE. Hey, Outback folks, good work! The connection works great! OpticsRE works!

Andrew, I still love ya and WattPlot. I wish that both could be used simultaneously and for different reasons. A bit later I'll reconfigure WattPlot's net config and update as necessary.

Here is the point of this post: To thank those who have devoted a BUNCH of hours into making things better. Yeah, its a bit geeky. But I esp. enjoy seeing stuff mature.

Best,
Jim

Oh, related to AGS, from OpticsRE is started w/in 15 sec and took a few min. to update locally. Pretty cool.

i
JRHill
Forum Guru

My RE system: -House: FM 80, VFX 3648, FlexnetDC, FlexWare xformer, Mate 3 / Hub, WattPlot/, 2925w SunTech 195, Trojan L16RE-B Batteries. Backup 1: Honda EU7000is w/2 wire auto start via FM80 aux, backup 2: 11kw Miller Bobcat;
-Well: Grundfos 11-SQF-2 pump, controller & AC switch (CU200, IO101), Tristar 45 Controller, 780w SunTech 195, Trojan golf cart batteries.
-All running since July '11 with various upgrades and workarounds.

Return to OpticsRE