However the title might be strange, please be kind to explain my case:
My batt is not an OutBack product, but the moderator approved my application.
Have a "Sole" AGM battery that went dead after 4 years of service. No particular stresses during its life. One of the cells is dead and a sudden drop is read after applying larger load. It worked in a 4 pcs. battery bank (to provide 12 and 48 volts). Anyway, it seemed to be really dry after I measured voltage on each of the cells. After adding dist. water in the dead cell, it went from 0,13 V to 1,96 in about 40 minutes. I then poured 1 liter of dist. water in all the cells (equal qty.) and let it be for a day. Today, not a single drop would come out of the battery after I turned it upside-down. The matte sucked-up all of the water ? Does that mean it would be wise to fill the 3 other (good) batteries with some quantity to avoid their respective eventual defects ? Could lack of liquid be the cause of damage ? Thank you out there !