NC200 load voltage

Discussion about the OutBack Energy Cell Batteries

NC200 load voltage

Postby jrodriguez on Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:34 pm

Hi

Nice to see this kind of forum available for questions and thanks in advance for any help or calcification you guys can bring.

I have a 24v 2500w hybrid inverter, charge controller, control panel, battery monitor, etc; that are unfortunately not OutBack. This system is connected to (4) nc200 batteries [ running at around 30 Celsius, configured to 24v 356ah ]. We have had these batteries since December, when we had the entire system installed. Recently I have noticed that under load the batteries dont seem to maintain voltage like they used to. I dont have the exact old numbers and maybe I'm mistaken, but I'm under the impression that I should never allow these batteries, even under load, to drop below 24v. I do understand that it depends on the amp draw and that under load reading is different from open circuit, but I believe pulling between 10 - 20 amps for one hour should not leave the voltage reading ( under load ) at 24.5v

Am I incorrect?

I attached a simle chart that shows the voltage drop, the time, the current, temperature, and SOC.

-Joseph
Attachments
simleGraph.20180803.PNG
jrodriguez
Forum Junior Member

Re: NC200 load voltage

Postby blackswan555 on Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:32 am

What are you using to control charge ? voltage and time or SOC from your battery monitor ?

But to start, Your charge voltage is too low and your absorb time too short, refer to manuals for correct settings.

Tim
My comments are based on my experience and research, They are not endorsed or checked by Outback.I am an independent British electrician living in Spain, So please take this into account when reading /acting on my post`s.
blackswan555
Forum Emperor

My RE system: Other peoples, VFX "E" versions, FLA`s, Generators.

Postby jrodriguez on Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:22 am

Its all Schneider Conext, the time comes from the ComBox and SOC and voltages come from the battery monitor: https://solar.schneider-electric.com/pr ... y-monitor/

The charge controller is a Conext MPPT 60 150. The absorb time is set to 180min with a float setpoint of 26.8. Unsure as to what you mean by "charge voltage"; I'm under the impression that isnt specifically set, that the charge controller determines the voltage depending on the charge stage. Is that an incorrect assumption?
jrodriguez
Forum Junior Member

Postby blackswan555 on Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:21 am

Unsure as to what you mean by "charge voltage"; I'm under the impression that isnt specifically set, that the charge controller determines the voltage depending on the charge stage. Is that an incorrect assumption?

No you have to set it "absorb voltage" from the manual "Absorb Charging Voltage 2.4 Vpc (14.4 Vdc for a 12-volt system)" So yours being 24v would be 28.8 volts, By the look of your graph, it is set to 26.6 or you system is going into float very early ?

Tim
My comments are based on my experience and research, They are not endorsed or checked by Outback.I am an independent British electrician living in Spain, So please take this into account when reading /acting on my post`s.
blackswan555
Forum Emperor

My RE system: Other peoples, VFX "E" versions, FLA`s, Generators.

Postby jrodriguez on Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:01 pm

Does the attached data from the battery monitor look normal? Do these batteries ever need equalization charge?
Attachments
BatteryMonitorData.20180909.PNG
jrodriguez
Forum Junior Member

Return to OutBack Energy Cell Batteries