Low battery cutoff

A place where users can meetup with other FlexPower One users and can find support for one another. A great place for people who have not purchased the FlexPower One yet to look up information.

Low battery cutoff

Postby Smclark59 on Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:08 pm

Just installed 3.5 kw Flexpower 1 for my first system. What is a safe low voltage battery cutoff for 24v battery bank with 370ah. Thank you.
Smclark59

My RE system: FlexPower 1 3.5kw, 2-300w solar world panels. generator backup

Re: Low battery cutoff

Postby Sandra Herrera on Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:29 pm

Hello,
It will depend on the type of batteries, and how deeply you want to discharge.
Remember, for most lead acid batteries the number of cycles (usable life of battery) is directly connected to discharging
Sandra Herrera
Applications Engineering

OutBack Power Technologies
Sandra Herrera
OutBack Management

Postby Smclark59 on Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:38 pm

I have 4-Trojan L16e-ac 6v batteries for a 24v bank with 370ah. I am off grid with generator backup and wanting to know a safe level to discharge them. Right now it is set to 21v default. I have 4 more batteries in route to increase my storage capability.
Smclark59

My RE system: FlexPower 1 3.5kw, 2-300w solar world panels. generator backup

Postby blackswan555 on Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:37 am

Low battery cut/ LBC is not meant as a safe level to discharge them to, More of an emergency "STOP" if all else fails, Your gen should have started way before LBC on its AGS settings which will be a fair bit higher,
If you do not have auto start and it is the only way of knowing "you have to go start gen" I would go with around 23.8v depending on loads, please fill your profile in as fully as possible, but 21v as the low end is way too low if thats your idea,

Tim
My comments are based on my experience and research, They are not endorsed or checked by Outback.I am an independent British electrician living in Spain, So please take this into account when reading /acting on my post`s.
blackswan555
OutBack Emperor

My RE system: Other peoples, VFX "E" versions, FLA`s, Generators.

Return to Flex Power One