FX3048T Error status light

A place where users can meetup with other FlexPower One users and can find support for one another. A great place for people who have not purchased the FlexPower One yet to look up information.

FX3048T Error status light

Postby wunwhirled on Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:11 am

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum, and not highly technical in the realm of solar power. I've had my system for 3+ years here on the Big Island, with not a single issue. Completely love this system.

However, in the last few days, I have seen the inverter Error Status Light either solid red (at the end of the day), indicating a fatal error, or blinking. I've dug through the forums a bit looking for possible solutions, but have come up with nothing solid. I did shut down my system and restart it yesterday, when the status was solid red. It did not change from solid. This morning when I checked the system first thing, the status light was blinking red, indicating a non-critical error.

I know I can ring up Outback for support, but am hoping some of the wise peoples here will provide a little troubleshooting direction, first, and perhaps help me get it resolved without hitting up Outback.

If you need more info, please say so. I have attached a picture of the error section of the inverter.
Thanks in advance for any pointers on setting this straight!
-- brent
Attachments
InverterError.JPG
FX3048T - FlexMax80 - Mate2
wunwhirled
Forum Member

My RE system: FlexMaxOne 48V w/FX3048T, FlexMax80, Hub4/Mate2 ~ Surrettes Rolls 6V ~ Solarworld 255W PV array (6)

Re: FX3048T Error status light

Postby Sandra Herrera on Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:52 pm

Brent,
You can view errors (solid red) or warning (blinking red) directly on the MATE2
From the main screen
STATUS
FX
PG2
ERROR or WARN
Sandra Herrera
Applications Engineering

OutBack Power Technologies
Sandra Herrera
OutBack Management

Postby wunwhirled on Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:02 pm

Sandra - thank you for the reply.

Here's what my Mate is displaying for warnings (no errors, at the moment):

Internal Fan Failure Detected: Yes
AirTemp: 173
Fettemp: 186
Captemp: 182

Fan replacement? Other?
Any other troubleshooting tips before I follow the rabbit?
wunwhirled
Forum Member

My RE system: FlexMaxOne 48V w/FX3048T, FlexMax80, Hub4/Mate2 ~ Surrettes Rolls 6V ~ Solarworld 255W PV array (6)

Postby Sandra Herrera on Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:27 pm

Brent,
Your inverter has two fan, one internal and the other under the turbo. You need to replace the internal fan.
Contact me directly at support@outbackpower.com with shipping information and we will send you one
Regards
Sandra Herrera
Applications Engineering

OutBack Power Technologies
Sandra Herrera
OutBack Management

Postby wunwhirled on Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:43 pm

Sandra - I very much appreciate your information - thanks!

I just spoke with Diane in support and we lined up shipping for the internal fan.
She also pointed me to the installation video (FX Board Replacement: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtEw8ijqHpU).
(If that video is incorrect please flag me!)

Once again, I'm grateful for your responses. If I have any issues moving forward, I will be sure to notify you.

Oh, and... I did send an email to support@ as well, for this issue, prior to talking with Diane. So heads up on that.

Have an amazing day!
-- brent
wunwhirled
Forum Member

Return to Flex Power One