please help with conflicting settings, mate vs. charger

A place where users can meetup with other FlexPower One users and can find support for one another. A great place for people who have not purchased the FlexPower One yet to look up information.

please help with conflicting settings, mate vs. charger

Postby zuessdoggg on Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:24 am

I have problems, I think?! Please help me, i am a beginner & noone seems to know much about these systems here. We have just installed Lithium batteries on our flex power one, bulk 58.4, float 54.8, inv warning at 51.2, Inv shutdown at 48v . The charger itself says Absorb 58.4 & float 54.8 for half hour which is correct. The mate says adv/FX/charger absorb 57.6 for one hour, float 54.8 one hour, refloat 50.0.
A- I thought they should have the same voltage set points showing on both mate & charger. Or is the absorb setting on the mate, temp compensated?
B - whyis the absorb time different on each?
C - shouldn't the refloat voltage be higher than that? I did not put this setting in & battery supplier does not know what it means. It would appear it is default. Should I change this?
D - on the charger it has RTS compensation a - 59.2v & f - 55.6v, what does this mean?

I don't want to hurt our batteries, they are supposed to last us a wee while. Any advice is much appreciated!
zuessdoggg

My RE system: 48v Outback flexmax 80, 3.0 kW Inv, 300 ah lithium batteries, 2000w solar, micro hydro

Re: please help with conflicting settings, mate vs. charger

Postby blackswan555 on Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:17 am

All I can say about your batteries is "be careful" as for your question, It seems you are looking at two different components, The FM solar charge controller
The charger itself
and
The mate says adv/FX/charger absorb 57.6
The FX, Which is the inverter ( you can access both through the mate )

Tim
My comments are based on my experience and research, They are not endorsed or checked by Outback.I am an independent British electrician living in Spain, So please take this into account when reading /acting on my post`s.
blackswan555
OutBack Emperor

My RE system: Other peoples, VFX "E" versions, FLA`s, Generators.

Postby zuessdoggg on Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:14 am

Hi Tim,
Yes, I'm looking at the charge controller settings through the physical charge controller & the inverter settings through the mate. Should they not be set the same? Outback supplier ( not outback) told me to put these directly into the cc and in the mate under inverter. But shouldn't (or should) they be the same? If they are different things? Thanks, Cassie.
zuessdoggg

My RE system: 48v Outback flexmax 80, 3.0 kW Inv, 300 ah lithium batteries, 2000w solar, micro hydro

Postby blackswan555 on Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:13 am

:grin: OK As I said, I know nothing about your battery's, So I can not comment on the actual "Numbers" But I can give you some general answers,

A, Yes they should be the same (There can be a variation in some systems at an advanced stage, But generally not)

B, Again I do not know your batteries but "normally" you would not use float for generator charging ( waste of fuel, set time to 0)& you would use a longer absorb on solar than gen ( solar is "free"....)

C, Re-float is more for UPS type systems that sit charged for days/months/years, I have never used it in a RE environment so can not comment.

D, Not sure on your settings/batteries, I would recommend talking to OB/ Bat manufacture, Your batteries are "unusual" & I would be very careful with this setting (It is temp compensation)

Tim
My comments are based on my experience and research, They are not endorsed or checked by Outback.I am an independent British electrician living in Spain, So please take this into account when reading /acting on my post`s.
blackswan555
OutBack Emperor

My RE system: Other peoples, VFX "E" versions, FLA`s, Generators.

Return to Flex Power One