feed the grid

A place where users can meetup with other FlexPower One users and can find support for one another. A great place for people who have not purchased the FlexPower One yet to look up information.

feed the grid

Postby billi on Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:47 pm

Hi , as far as i can understand the Flexpower setup , there is a US version that can sent surplus power from PV to export to the national grid .... , but there is no European Version (230 Volt AC 50 Hz) that can do this , .....

Is there a way to enable this feature in the european Version ? I would imagine they are ( the Inverters) are n ot diffrent , and only the Grid feed feature dissabled in the european Version ( other regulations)

Thats a pitty , i have to say , and much more Grid connected people would go for a battery based gridtie idea ( for example in Germany) if there would be a easy way of exporting surplus in summer to the national grid and get some FiT payements for the exported units (not a lot anymore)

Any way it has something to do withGrid regulations of countries , but is there a way to enable that feed the Grid mode in the 230 Volt version ?

Thanks
billi
OutBack Guru

My RE system: 4000 watt PV array , Outback MX 60 and FM80 charge controller ,24 volt 1600 AH Battery @ C5 ,6 Kw Victron inverter charger, 1000 watt windturbine AC-coupled , 1.1 kw high head hydro turbine as a back up generator

Re: feed the grid

Postby MyEnergyWarehouse on Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:56 am

While I am US based and my knowledge of European utility regulation is limited, it is my understanding that the GTFX....E family, the GVFX....E family as well as the Radian 7048E are all designed to sell excess energy back to the grid.

See page 8 on the product guide http://www.outbackpower.com/resources/d ... t_catalog/ for the Radian and page 25 lists the specs on the other inverters.
MyEnergyWarehouse
OutBack Whiz

My RE system: Radian Inverter, Mate 3, FM 80

Postby billi on Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:52 pm

.... am back on the same idea , and have a question again :grin:

Can i connect say 2 FM 80 and 10 kw PV to a OutBack Flexpower One VFX3524 48V/230V and the PV is delivering good power .... the inverter can only pass on max 3000 watt to grid and/or house (am i right ?)

But for example , i have a huge battery , to absorb the excess PV as well , can i programm the Flexpower One to drain the battery at night as well into the Grid , beside the house loads ?

Thanx
billi
OutBack Guru

My RE system: 4000 watt PV array , Outback MX 60 and FM80 charge controller ,24 volt 1600 AH Battery @ C5 ,6 Kw Victron inverter charger, 1000 watt windturbine AC-coupled , 1.1 kw high head hydro turbine as a back up generator

Postby gww on Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:42 am

It sound to me as if you might need 3 fm80s. This forum has a string caculator listed at the top on the index page. If it doesn't work, midnite solar has one for there classic controllers and it would be close enough to the outback to tell you if you have too much panels for two cc.
Thanks
gww
gww
OutBack Guru

My RE system: 1. installed
2. 5640 watts mx panels
3. 2 axial flux Hugh Piggot 500 watt turbines
5. 2 gvfx 3648 inverters
6. 1 mx 60 charge controller, 1 fm 80 and 1 morningstar ts60 pmw
7. outback mount, panel and sub panel
8. mate
9. 4 place hub
10. couple more cc, doc wattson
11. 800 ah, 48 volt fork truck battery

Postby billi on Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:31 pm

Hi , thanks , its more or less a theoretical question
Not too mucht to do with the chqargecontrollers
The question is , if i can feed the puplic grid from the battery , not only for household use , and sell the units to the Grid by draining the battery at night

Like said , its more or less a theoretical question , to harvest FiT payments 24 hour a day on a 4000 watt limited powerline , with a bigger PV

Thanks
billi
OutBack Guru

Postby gww on Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:53 pm

My suggestion is to never use the battery except maby to draw it down and recharge it once a month for the batteries health. The batteries start dieing the second they are made. I think that there are studies that show it cost 35 cents per kwh you get out of a battery. And that is for just the battery not counting what everything else cost. If you make a mastake it cost even more. Your best bet is to keep the battery as full as posible and sell as much as posible to the grid.

Secondly if you discharge the battery you lose 20% of of the power you put back in. If all you want is to sell you would be better getting an inverter that doesn't even need batteries. Then you don't need charge controllers. Of course you also won't have power if the grid goes down. If you are worried about making money, buy just a gridtie inverter and get a generator for when the grid goes down. Then maby you can come out money wise.
My honest opinion.
gww

PS But the answer is yes you could drain the batteries to the grid at night if you wan't to lose money.
gww
OutBack Guru

2. 5640 watts mx panels
5. 2 gvfx 3648 inverters
8. mate
9. 4 place hub

Postby billi on Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:05 pm

The batteries start dieing the second they are made. I think that there are studies that show it cost 35 cents per kwh you get out of a battery. And that is for just the battery not counting what everything else cost.

No , i calculate with about 6 cent (Eurocent )

I just want to know , if any Outback Inverter can feed the national Grid from a battery !!!!!!
billi
OutBack Guru

Postby gww on Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:06 am

I just want to know , if any Outback Inverter can feed the national Grid from a battery !!!!!!

Did you see my PS? The answer is yes if you set the sell voltage low enough, it will drain your batteries to the grid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers
gww
gww
OutBack Guru

2. 5640 watts mx panels
5. 2 gvfx 3648 inverters
8. mate
9. 4 place hub

Postby billi on Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:52 am

ok, thanks , i missed that PS

Is there something i can read or find in the manual ,about how much i can drain the battery to the grid and how an outback inverter knows ....

I guess selling surplus PV to the grid is regulated by Voltage parameters ..... above bulk charge voltage or near absorption Voltage , but when sun down , and my say 100 kWh Battery is charged and sits under this Voltage , how will the inverter know to drain the battery beside my houseloads as well to the Grid ?

Thanx
billi
OutBack Guru

Postby alternateenergi on Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:33 am

I am looking for FX3024E repair schematic, if any one have please email me, alternateenergi@yahoo.com
there are some resisters and capacitor demaged, and their values are not readable,

warm regards

Shah Kamal
alternateenergi

My RE system: outback inverter fx3024e i am looking for it repair schematic, as fan is not working due to burn of some resisters

Return to Flex Power One