New FP1 not inverting, but all else working

A place where users can meetup with other FlexPower One users and can find support for one another. A great place for people who have not purchased the FlexPower One yet to look up information.

New FP1 not inverting, but all else working

Postby Jpro556 on Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:42 pm

Hey all,

I just installed a new FP1 in a remote off grid application, with a 14kw Kohler generator.

Everything is working great, except, the inverter won't invert. Generator bypass gets me my AC power.
Where the mate has the option to turn the inverter on, off, or search, the inverter is off, and the mate buttons can't change that. Nothing happens when pressing on or search. Again, the inverter charges just fine as far as I can tell so far.

1st question I assume I'll get is about the jumper, yes, I set the inverter jumper to ON.

I went through the profile and configuration wizard, but wasn't satisfied, so configured everything directly through settings according to battery and generator requirements.

I lightly checked many wiring connections, and nothing was loose to the fingers. I know I didn't check every connection in the unit though.

I read on these forums that one fellow with a similar problem tightened the screw below the on/off jumper and that seemed to do the trick.
I'm going to try that and will report back. But was curious on advice to a more scientific approach to figuring out what is going on?

Thanks,
Jason
Jpro556
Forum Member

Re: New FP1 not inverting, but all else working

Postby sparksalot on Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:59 am

Mate3 Inverter SoftKey must be selected to ON
sparksalot
Forum Guru

My RE system: FLEXpower TWO VFXR3648A Grid-Tied and Battery Backup Hybrid

Traction battery FLA 48 volt 805Ahr.

30 SolarWorld 245w mono

Postby Jpro556 on Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:44 am

Thanks for replying!
I must not have been clear though.
That is the problem.
Soft key doesn’t turn on inverter.
Jpro556
Forum Member

Postby sparksalot on Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:29 pm

What inverter model do you have on your FP1?

Where the mate has the option to turn the inverter on, off, or search, the inverter is off, and the mate buttons can't change that. Nothing happens when pressing on or search.

Depending on model you have, What input do you have selected in the Mate3? Generator, Grid or what? If Grid, it take a 5 minuet wait before it will quality sync to grid...if generator can be near instantly connected due to no need to quality sync, depending again on what inverter model.
sparksalot
Forum Guru

My RE system: FLEXpower TWO VFXR3648A Grid-Tied and Battery Backup Hybrid

Traction battery FLA 48 volt 805Ahr.

30 SolarWorld 245w mono

Postby Jpro556 on Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:35 pm

Solved it. Totally random thing.

There was a misaligned pin in the cat5 port on the inverter, I found it just by chance when checking all the wiring connections more thoroughly.

I went to fix it and when touching the pin with a screwdriver, I think first pin on the left, the inverter lit up.

So after straightening that out, I plugged the cable back in and everything is now functioning as it should.

Learned something, for sure.

Thanks
Jpro556
Forum Member

Return to Flex Power One