Adding non-flex charge controller

A place where users can meetup with other FlexPower One users and can find support for one another. A great place for people who have not purchased the FlexPower One yet to look up information.

Adding non-flex charge controller

Postby MCR on Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:12 pm

Hi, I want to add (parallel) a single PWM charge controller to our FlexPowerOne system. The PWM controller has it's own breakers- I would like to send the PWM output into the FPO and terminate the pos(+) on the incoming Batt + connector, and the PWM neg(-) output to the same side of the shunt that the FlexMax80 is connected.....this should give monitoring of the power, but I realize the PWM controller will not be "controlled" by the FlexNetDC monitoring device.........does this sound correct or Ok? any opinions....THX!
MCR

My RE system: Off-grid, Outback FlexPowerOne Prewired system w/ VFX3648, FlexMax80, FlexNetDC,Mate3, 8-L16 Trojan RE batts, 6-Hanwa 235 watt panels, & 4- Kyocera 120 watt into Xantrex C40 charge controller, with AGS and genset backup

Re: Adding non-flex charge controller

Postby sparksalot on Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:18 am

With verified polarity match and proper over current protection in place it would allow you to find out for yourself if it works.
sparksalot
OutBack Virtuoso

My RE system: FLEXpower TWO VFXR3648A Grid-Tied and Battery Backup Hybrid

Traction battery FLA 48 volt 805Ahr.

30 SolarWorld 245w mono

Re: Adding non-flex charge controller

Postby MCR on Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:24 am

Thanks, yes, we'll find out! Hopefully we don't end up with sparks flying.... :-}
MCR

My RE system: Off-grid, Outback FlexPowerOne Prewired system w/ VFX3648, FlexMax80, FlexNetDC,Mate3, 8-L16 Trojan RE batts, 6-Hanwa 235 watt panels, & 4- Kyocera 120 watt into Xantrex C40 charge controller, with AGS and genset backup

Return to Flex Power One