AXS Port Not reading Block 2 "Outback System Control"

dewbie
Forum Junior Member

AXS Port Not reading Block 2 "Outback System Control"

Post by dewbie » Tue May 05, 2015 9:58 am

Hi,

I have an AXS Port connected to the "1st Mate" input on an Outback Hub. I have an FW250 connected to slot 1 on the hub and a FLEXnet DC connected to slot 2 on the hub. I can connect to the AXS from my laptop and even change the IP address. I can read Blocks 0 and 1 (SunSpec Common Model Block and OutBack Gateway) but when I get to Block 2 (OutBack System Control) the program only reads the fist 10 or so fields before crashing. I am using the AXP Port Development Package 99, build under Visual Studio 2010. I did have to declare one of the variables in "outback.c" that was left out. On line 3196 of outback.c it reads "temp_clock = &clock_tm;" but temp_clock was never defined, I defined it as "struct tm *temp_clock" on line 3174, just below "struct tm clock_tm;"

I can also read blocks 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8 and it will not crash. However, I do get an error if I read just Block 2. The error is "ERROR: Last Write Limit High" I can read the other blocks after I read block 2 but some of the fields are clearly corrupted. For some reason if I read only block 2 before reading all (giving the "a" command) the program lets me read all without crashing. The program will only crash if I "read all" before reading Block 2 individually.

The firmware on the AXS is 3.007.0 and the firmware on the hub is 1.0.0.

Is there another program available for the AXS Port? Thank you.

Sasquatch
Forum Member
My RE system: http://www.m2group.com/SolarPowerWeb/

Re: AXS Port Not reading Block 2 "Outback System Control"

Post by Sasquatch » Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:12 pm

Bump your firmware to 3.011 ...there is a lot missing from 3.007

I use this for troubleshooting Modbus
http://www.simplymodbus.ca/SMT803.zip
Attachments
AXS Port SunSpec Map 3.011.xls
(253.5 KiB) Downloaded 422 times