Forum Member
My RE system: 8 - Kyocera 180, 8 - Kyocera 175
1 - MX60, 1 - FM60 1
12 - Trojan L16 2v
2 - VFX 3524 connected to 4 port hub and mate
1 - PSX 240

Control Bulk and Float charge

Post by Shayler » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:29 pm

I have three Charge Controllers that seem to do their own thing. I would like to make them all go to float or bulk at the same time. Can I use the AXS port to control my FM-60 and MX-60 to force Float or force Bulk?
Maybe change the config file, then change it back a minute later?
Would like to know if this is possible before I purchase it.

blackswan555
Forum Emperor
My RE system: Other peoples, VFX "E" versions, FLA`s, Generators.

Re: Control Bulk and Float charge

Post by blackswan555 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:37 am

I can not help with AXS port but a couple of things to look at to get them "close enough", Firstly presuming you have them all set up the same, Temp sensing, Do you have it on all charge sources ? preferably through mate or individually with sensors on same cell & close together,
VBATT Calibration, Have you calibrated each CC to read the same voltage ?

With the above done, They should be fairly close, It is not that important that they all go into float at the same time anyway, :grin:

Tim
My comments are based on my experience and research, They are not endorsed or checked by Outback.I am an independent British electrician living in Spain, So please take this into account when reading /acting on my post`s.

HawaiianDrummer
Forum Guru
My RE system: 1-FM60's, 2-FM80's 2- FX3048's, Mate3, Hub 10, 12 US 64 w panels, 12 Kyocera
175 W panels, 21 Kyocera 225 W panels, 6 SimpliPhi 67 AH 48 batteries for 402 AH Battery
bank, Flexnet DC and Optics RE

Post by HawaiianDrummer » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:48 am

Aloha, Mine also do their own things even when calibrating the voltages.... I look at it like this, If you can only afford one bank of solar panels because of pre-existing roof structures, face them to the South for optimum solar charging, but if you can afford it, use one bank to the south east, one bank to the south and one bank to the south west,. Now you get beneficial charging at all daylight hrs. I have mine set like this with 45 panels and 3 charge controllers because that happens to be where my building were already facing, I have 7 k of charging with varying amounts of charging morning through dusk. not conventional, but rewarding! I have seen business building complexes here in Hilo, Hawaii who also have this set up, on all 3 sides of their buildings. David

Kurt Lundquist
Alpha Energy Engineering
My RE system: VFX3524, Mate3, 200Ah 24V AGM Battery Bank

Post by Kurt Lundquist » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:31 pm

AXS port does not work with the MX60.
Kurt Lundquist
Renewable Energy Project Engineer
http://alphaenergy.us/