AXS Port to Flexmax 60 communication problem

mooseandpebs
Forum Junior Member
My RE system: AXS Port & Flexmax 60

AXS Port to Flexmax 60 communication problem

Post by mooseandpebs » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:31 am

I have an AXS Port connected to a Flexmax 60 charge controller. Using the Outback supplied example C program I can always connect to the AXS Port but when I list the blocks available I sometimes get the charge controller blocks but most times not. What's the trick to make it consistently get the charge controller blocks?
Thanks

LorenAmelang
Forum Whiz
My RE system: (being majorly revised...)

Re: AXS Port to Flexmax 60 communication problem

Post by LorenAmelang » Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:50 pm

I have a new AXS Port on my FM80, and never see Charge Controller blocks. Well, I had an AXS Port, before the "Unlock" command wrote a password and bricked it. See viewtopic.php?f=41&t=7428

My manual (June 2012) says the Charge Controller block doesn't apply to the MX60. They certainly don't say that in any of the sales literature... But if it doesn't work on FM80 either there must be more than that going on.

Kurt Lundquist
Alpha Energy Engineering
My RE system: VFX3524, Mate3, 200Ah 24V AGM Battery Bank

Post by Kurt Lundquist » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:57 am

I wish I could help with a good answer on this post but I haven't really played around with the AXS port. It might not be a bad idea to try a new Cat5 cable. If the communications cable is routed through AC conduit part of the digital signal can be lost due to electrical noise (inductance). If there is a Hub in the system try connecting the AXS directly to the FM60.

Please note the MX60 and FM60 are different products. OutBack stopped making MX60s over 5 years ago.

FM60/80s are compliant with the AXS.
Kurt Lundquist
Renewable Energy Project Engineer
http://alphaenergy.us/

LorenAmelang
Forum Whiz
My RE system: (being majorly revised...)

Post by LorenAmelang » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:53 pm

My problem is definitely not ethernet comm. My requests are always responded to, they just (since the password fiasco) get a different wrong SunSpec ID each time and refuse to actually connect.

Thanks for the clue about how old the MX60 is. Hopefully all FM80 versions can send charge controller blocks... I saw one post that said they were getting responses intermittently. I've never seen one.