My RE system: OBX
FXR
AXS
HUB
MATE
MATE3

Inverter Device Types

Post by rdawilson » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:44 pm

I have recently replaced an OBX inverter with an FXR inverter in order for the system to be used on a 230V/50Hz application in the UK. After swapping the inverters I discovered that my host controller would no longer acquire data from the new inverter. Today I captured a data log from both inverters using the SD card in the AXS port. To my surprise the FXR inverter has a device type of "6" and the OBX has a device type "2". I thought the 6 was a Radian system and a 5 was a FXR. Am I missing something?

FXR 11/7/2013 22:48:31 1 6 0 0 0 0
OBX 11/7/2013 15:14:10 1 2 0 0 0

I have loaded the new 3.017 firmware to the AXS and my FXR has version 001.006.015 firmware.

To add to this, do the FXR and the OBX use that same real-time and configuration blocks?

Thanks in advance!

Gwendoly Espe
Applications Engineering

Re: Inverter Device Types

Post by Gwendoly Espe » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:29 am

Hello,

Here is an application note on the data logging references: http://outbackpower.com/downloads/docum ... p_note.pdf

It is odd that the FXR would come up with a device type "6", as it should be a "2". The application note does not reference the OBX inverter, so I would have to do some digging to confirm if it is supported. Have you checked the data again, since?

Perhaps check the MATE and confirm that it sees an FXR and not a Radian.

EDIT: * I've been informed that the FXR is actually a device type "5" and the headers line up more closely to the Radian than the FX. I am looking into it and will update the Application Note. Nonetheless, the application note as is has descriptions and table on what the data means. It still can be helpful.
Gwendoly Espe
Applications Engineer

Alpha Technologies Inc. / OutBack Power Technologies
3767 Alpha Way Bellingham WA 98226 USA
http://www.alpha.com