AXS Port uSD DATALOGS format (!=Mate3...)

AXS Port uSD DATALOGS format (!=Mate3...)

Postby LorenAmelang on Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:11 pm

My AXS Port won't let me connect at its network port, but it still writes to its uSD card. I just explored what it saves.

There is a folder called DATALOGS, with files like 14082218.CSV, named for the date/time they begin. So far it has only started a new file when it was forcibly interrupted by power cycles. Second-by-second data for the last nine days are in a single 48 MB file. There is a blank line (a single 0x0A) at the beginning with no header information. Lines begin with a space and end with a null character plus 0x0A, and look like this (when connected to a single FM80):
8/22/14,18:57:12,00,3,00,01,00,090,047,02,03,000,02,256,0172,00

I've figured out everything that varies (for the FM80) except column J:
Code: Select all
Date     Time      C  D  E  Aout  Ain  Vin  kWh*10  J  K  L  mode  Vb*10  AH   P
8/22/14  18:57:12  0  3  0  1     0    90   47      2  3  0  2     256    172  0

Column J is zero at night, and varies from 0 through 9 while charging. It definitely changes when other conditions change, and seems to zigzag as if maybe it rolls over from 9 to 0 on the way up in the morning, and 0 to 9 on the way down in the evening. Some clue to the internal algorithm?

Columns D and K are always 3 for me - maybe that means a charge controller? Columns C, E, L, and P are always zero, must be reserved for other equipment.

Mode seems to be 0=sleep, 1=float, 2=bulk, 3=absorb.

The graphs make sense, except it seems every evening the kWh and AH reset and start counting up again a couple of hours before sunset. This does not seem to propagate to the internal FM80 log. Aha! The AXS Port is zeroing the totals when its internal clock thinks it is midnight. Since my Port is bricked and can't connect to the network or be manually setup, its internal clock is wrong. The kWh and AH counts also reset to zero when the FM80 wakes up in the morning.

FWIW, I'm attaching two Excel charts of eight hours each... Battery voltage, Aout, Vin, kWh*10, and AH use the right, secondary axis.

More clues welcome!
Attachments
FM80 Morning.JPG
LorenAmelang
Forum Whiz

My RE system: (being majorly revised...)

Re: AXS Port uSD DATALOGS format (!=Mate3...)

Postby LorenAmelang on Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:13 pm

The Evening file...
Attachments
FM80 Evening.JPG
LorenAmelang
Forum Whiz

Update - 005 firmware is different!

Postby LorenAmelang on Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:33 pm

The above statement about logging to a single 48+ MB file was with firmware 007. With 005 firmware, a new file begins every hour. At the default one second logging rate, files are 237600 bytes. At a 60 second rate, 3960 bytes.

Hard to know which is preferable. Twenty-four 3k files are a drag to combine. Single 48 MB files are a bit much for Excel to handle. Maybe we could have a one-day or a one-week option? I wonder if OutBack_SD_Card_Logging_Mode affects that? It has always been '1', but maybe 005 and 007 interpret that differently? Searching the web for clues gets me only my own posts...

Hey OutBack - will there ever be documentation for the AXS Port?
LorenAmelang
Forum Whiz

Postby rdawilson on Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:33 am

In case someone else find this path, here is what I learned from Outback TS regarding the headers for the data logging:

Radian Headers
Date Time Port Device Type (6) L1 Inverter Current L1 Charger Current L1 Buy Current L1 Sell Current L1 Grid input Voltage L1 Generator input voltage L1 Output Voltage L2 Inverter Current L2 Charger Current L2 Buy Current L2 Sell Current L2 Grid input Voltage L2 Generator input Voltage L2 Output Voltage Inverter operating mode Error Codes AC mode Battery Voltage Misc Warning Codes

FXR Headers
Date Time Port Device Type (5) L1 Inverter Current L1 Charger Current L1 Buy Current L1 Sell Current L1 Grid input Voltage L1 Generator input voltage L1 Output Voltage L2 Inverter Current L2 Charger Current L2 Buy Current L2 Sell Current L2 Grid input Voltage L2 Generator input Voltage L2 Output Voltage Inverter operating mode Error Codes AC mode Battery Voltage Misc Warning Codes

FX Headers
Date Time Port Device Type (2) Inverter Current Charger Current Buy Current AC In Voltage AC Out Voltage Sell Current Operating Mode Error Code AC Mode Battery Voltage Misc Warning Code

CC Headers
Date Time Port Device Type (3) unused Charger Current PV Current PV Voltage Daily KWh CC Amps (tenths) Aux Mode Error Code Mode Battery Voltage Amp Hours unused

FNDC Headers
Date Time Port Device Type (4) Shunt A Amps Shunt B Amps Shunt C Amps Extra Data Identifier Extra Data Battery Voltage SOC Shunt Enable Status Flag Battery Temp
rdawilson
Forum Junior Member

My RE system: OBX
FXR
AXS
HUB
MATE
MATE3

Postby Gwendoly Espe on Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:32 am

Hello,

Here is an application note that explains the headers.

http://outbackpower.com/downloads/docum ... p_note.pdf

EDIT: * It's possible that the FXR's headers line closer to the Radian than the FX. We are looking into it and possibly updating the application note.
Gwendoly Espe
Applications Engineer

Alpha Technologies Inc. / OutBack Power Technologies
3767 Alpha Way Bellingham WA 98226 USA
http://www.alpha.com
Gwendoly Espe
Applications Engineering

Return to AXS Port