Need value of r19 beast PSU

Dual Input, 120/240, stainless steel form factor design for unsurpassed surge capability
gonesilent
Forum Junior Member

Need value of r19 beast PSU

Post by gonesilent » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:02 pm

My Outback Radian is failing to turn on, No fans or leds go active. Looking at "The beast power supply board" I can see the r19 is burned out. If you have a radian with the cover off can you please tell me what the value of r19 is? I have been told that the board is $1700 bucks ouch!
IMG_20170401_210336.jpg

SwDoctor
Forum Member
My RE system: Radian, Mate3, FlexNet, FlexMax

Re: Need value of r19 beast PSU

Post by SwDoctor » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:09 pm

R20 is visibly burned also from your photo.
This is probably due to some other failure, replacing the resistor itself is very very unlikely going to fix the board.
Check the warranty status, you could be in for a free fix-
if under warranty Outback sends you a new board.

Otherwise I would suspect there is major failure elsewhere causing the burn, additionally the trace is overheated, this is a sign of serious over current. Probably have a burned FET (or bank) on the power switching "FET PCB" too.

If you mess with it, warranty would be void, so try checking first.

And there is no used market for parts on those, and they are VERY expensive...

IF they were not so expensive, I would expect more people would purchase spare parts just because being off grid is hard to deal without parts in remote areas. Downtime means loss of food storage at best...

Good luck.
-Rick

gonesilent
Forum Junior Member

Post by gonesilent » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:34 pm

Outback sent me just the power supply board for $180 replaced it worked fine for another few months last shutdown was because of stacking error yet unit is not stacked with another and never has. It was under warranty and I sent the whole unit up to them. Only had about 2 months in warranty remaining. Outback support has been great!

Was also told the power supply borad was changed and updated for some later Radians

surfah
Forum Member
My RE system: radian 8048

Post by surfah » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:50 pm

Hi Gonesilent,

Did you ever find the value of r19? I have the same issue. Thanks!

gonesilent
Forum Junior Member

Post by gonesilent » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:56 am

I never found the value. And I had much more burned out. R19 from what I could tell is part of th circuit that send power and control signal to the hub and mate display.