Outback Radian Inverter Power Issues

Dual Input, 120/240, stainless steel form factor design for unsurpassed surge capability

Outback Radian Inverter Power Issues

Postby chrisdan on Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:53 am

Hello All,

New to the forum here, but have searched around for quite awhile trying to see if I could figure out my problem.

I have an Outback GS8048 with a Load center, HUB10, and two FM80 charge controllers in an offgrid application. I have an issue with my Flexnet DC monitor not showing the same power production as what I am producing on my fm80 controllers or what shows on the mate 3 screen. I am thinking it must be something to do with the wiring but am unsure. Currently I have my PV- cable coming into my load center and it ties into the DC- buss bar. There is no PV- cable running from my FM80 controller to a PV- buss bar like there is with the PV+ cable and buss bar. I have all 3 of my shunts enabled right now. If you have anymore questions about whats going on, please ask.

My system is running fine and my SOC goes up and down with solar input and power consumption but I'm not sure if it's an accurate reading. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan
chrisdan

My RE system: Radiant inverter.
FM 80 Charge Controller
4500 watts of solar

Re: Outback Radian Inverter Power Issues

Postby chrisdan on Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:32 am

In the screenshot I attached is the installation instructions for the FM80 charge controller talking about only needing the one negative cable if they are bonded on the negative buss bar. I believe they are. I will get photos of that later.
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
chrisdan

FM 80 Charge Controller
4500 watts of solar

Postby chrisdan on Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:10 pm

Does this look like a normal voltage for the state of charge shown? It's 49.2 volts at a 90% SOC. Is that comparable to anyone elses systems. There is no load on the batteries in this picture but they probably weren't at rest for more than 15 minutes. I'm really regretting not getting lead acid batteries so I could just check specific gravity. I've got the Enersys Powersafe SBS 190F .
Attachments
IMG_20170107_083912.jpg
chrisdan

FM 80 Charge Controller
4500 watts of solar

Postby blackswan555 on Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:51 am

The FNDC monitors shunts that are in the negative line, By your description your panels go straight to your battery bus without passing through "their" shunt, see page 5 http://www.outbackpower.com/downloads/d ... _guide.pdf

Tim
My comments are based on my experience and research, They are not endorsed or checked by Outback.I am an independent British electrician living in Spain, So please take this into account when reading /acting on my post`s.
blackswan555
OutBack Emperor

My RE system: Other peoples, VFX "E" versions, FLA`s, Generators.

Return to RADIAN Series