Mate3 does not start up

Mate3 and Mate3s communications devices for Outback Power

Mate3 does not start up

Postby STXoffgrid on Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:18 pm

Hi,
Yesterday, Thanksgiving, we powered down our system to disassemble, clean and reassemble the battery connections, relocate the battery temp sensors and cleaning battery cases. I powered it down in this order, via Outback's suggestion. Shut off the main AC output disconnect. Shut off PV panels via disconnect. Shut off charge controllers at their output breakers. Shut off battery disconnect switch. After the work on the batteries, I energized the system in the reverse order. Everything seems to have powered up except for the Mate 3. All that happens is the Mate 3 screen says Outback Power. The green generator light comes on after a little while. There is no generator in the system. I have tried holding the Lock button. Tried hitting the center button on the little "wheel" section where you adjust settings. Tried hitting top. Nothing. Have disconnected it from the Hub10, letting it sit for a bit and reconnecting. Same result.
Any thoughts? Tech support is closed for the holiday.
Thanks!
STXoffgrid
Forum Junior Member

My RE system: 8(used to be 9 until Maria) ASP 240 panels in 3 strings of 3, 6 210W Evergreen panels in 1 string of 6, 1 Flexmax 60, 1 VFX3648, Mate 3, Flexnet DC, Hub 10, midnight solar classic 200 charge controller, 8 by Rolls 6CS25P

Re: Mate3 does not start up

Postby sidcypher on Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:26 pm

Did you get this issue resolved?

I am having the exact same issue, just randomly one day it started rebooting I guess....
Shows Outback on screen and Gen light is on, though there is no generator on the system.
sidcypher
Forum Junior Member

Postby STXoffgrid on Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:23 am

Hi,
I did get through to tech support after the holiday. The person was very helpful and went through some checks over the phone. In the end determined it was defective. A new one is on its way but there was a back log so have not received it yet. No way to tell exactly was wrong until the old one is returned and examined.
STXoffgrid
Forum Junior Member

My RE system: 8(used to be 9 until Maria) ASP 240 panels in 3 strings of 3, 6 210W Evergreen panels in 1 string of 6, 1 Flexmax 60, 1 VFX3648, Mate 3, Flexnet DC, Hub 10, midnight solar classic 200 charge controller, 8 by Rolls 6CS25P

Postby sidcypher on Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:21 am

Yeah, I managed to find time yesterday to call tech support.

They are exchanging ours as well.
sidcypher
Forum Junior Member

Return to Mate3 / Mate3s