where do i find headers for SD card from Mate 3 output

Mate3 and Mate3s communications devices for Outback Power

where do i find headers for SD card from Mate 3 output

Postby Outbacknewbie on Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:31 pm

I can guess date, time, port...and then nothing. I have searched all over but can't even find an up to date user manual.
Outbacknewbie
Forum Member

My RE system: 8048a and 4048a 13kw Sunpower

Re: where do i find headers for SD card from Mate 3 output

Postby intellact on Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:10 am

Outbacknewbie wrote:I can guess date, time, port...and then nothing. I have searched all over but can't even find an up to date user manual.

The news isn't really that good. There are no current comprehensive, compiled-in-one-place, decently accurate specifications for all the possible SD Card data, unless you count what is on my hard drive right now (and possibly some hard drive in Arlington WA - although I have my doubts about even that one). :wink:

I could direct to a few places that have the pieces, but quite frankly, I got extremely frustrated over the years with the specification errors and changes, and I'm leery to inflict that on anyone. :roll:

It may sound like a pitch, but if you need to analyse your SD Card data, nothing does it better and quicker than WattPlot SumMATE.

Sure you could re-invent the wheel and suffer as I have done for the past decade, but, for a few bucks, why bother? :wink: Don't take my word for it - download a free fully functional trial and see for yourself...
Andrew Welch, creator of WattPlot
intellact
Forum Czar

Postby timmartin on Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:12 am

I think what you're looking for is on page 123 and 141 of the Mate3 manual. Some logs contain the headers, and others do not. There's a few different types of logs as well as the logs for various devices. Here's an example of the inverter log, which apparently doesn't include the header.

data log header.jpg

Full Owners Manual is available here: http://www.outbackpower.com/catalogs-co ... oads-mate3

This document also shows all the different logs, some of which DO include headers and some do not. This resource appears to be more concise and modern. http://www.outbackpower.com/downloads/d ... _print.pdf
timmartin
Forum Guru

My RE system: ...
Sharp 120W Panels (12)
SunPerfect 230W Panels (9)
Whisper 100 Wind Turbine
Outback FM60 charge controller
Outback FM80 charge controller
Outback VFX3648 inverter/chargers (2)
Outback FlexNet DC
CALB CA400 LiFePO4 3.2V batteries
(32 cells paired together, 1 string = 51.2V 800Ah)

Postby intellact on Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:32 am

Wow. Revised manuals! :shock: I learn something new every day.

However, I stand by my claim. These are not MATE Data Technical Specifications. The suggested manuals show the basics - and if that's all you need - good luck! :smile:

But if you are trying to figure out what the extra data fields mean, what the shunt enabled flags mean (which changes, based on the data source and firmware revision), what the "miscellaneous" bytes hold, what scale some of the values use, and how the data stream from an FX differs from a Radian or FXR device - well, I guess you can figure that out.

Thanks Tim for posting these links - I did not mean to be unhelpful, or deprive OutbackNewbie of a learning experience. :wink: I really did have their best interests at heart, not my own!
intellact
Forum Czar

Postby Outbacknewbie on Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:41 pm

Hi Tim. Is that just for PC? I couldn't open it on my iMac.

Thanks
Outbacknewbie
Forum Member

Postby intellact on Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:54 pm

Hi Outbacknewbie:

I have tracked down a link that will give you the most detailed information possible:

The MATE3 USB Card Owner's Guide - yes, I know you don't have a USB card - has very detailed specifications on the MATE3 data stream. The data stream specs are very close to the SD Card specs. (It is the variations that drive me totally around the bend, but I warned you about those.)

I direct you to this manual with the full caveat that the document is riddled with errors, but if you are only trying to interpret data from one system and you have access to that data, you should be able to sort out the lies from the truth. :roll:

(By the way, I can't resist pointing out that many iMac users run WattPlot SumMate problem-free under Windows emulation. :wink:)
intellact
Forum Czar

Postby timmartin on Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:01 pm

Outbacknewbie wrote:Hi Tim. Is that just for PC? I couldn't open it on my iMac.

Those are just PDFs. You can open them on your iMac. I'm all Mac myself. As Andrew points out, the USB card manual has even more information.
timmartin
Forum Guru

Sharp 120W Panels (12)
Whisper 100 Wind Turbine
Outback FlexNet DC

Postby Outbacknewbie on Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:15 pm

timmartin wrote:
Outbacknewbie wrote:Hi Tim. Is that just for PC? I couldn't open it on my iMac.

Those are just PDFs. You can open them on your iMac. I'm all Mac myself. As Andrew points out, the USB card manual has even more information.

Sorry I meant your free software trial...I couldn't get it to open on my iMac...
Outbacknewbie
Forum Member

Postby timmartin on Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:32 pm

Outbacknewbie wrote:Sorry I meant your free software trial...I couldn't get it to open on my iMac...

Oh, that's Andrew's software, not mine. And yes, it's Windows-only software.
timmartin
Forum Guru

Sharp 120W Panels (12)
Whisper 100 Wind Turbine
Outback FlexNet DC

Postby intellact on Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:34 pm

Outbacknewbie wrote:Sorry I meant your free software trial...I couldn't get it to open on my iMac...

Ah! I should have guessed. :smile:

See this FAQ entry for more help!
intellact
Forum Czar

Postby Outbacknewbie on Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:33 pm

intellact wrote:
Outbacknewbie wrote:I can guess date, time, port...and then nothing. I have searched all over but can't even find an up to date user manual.

The news isn't really that good. There are no current comprehensive, compiled-in-one-place, decently accurate specifications for all the possible SD Card data, unless you count what is on my hard drive right now (and possibly some hard drive in Arlington WA - although I have my doubts about even that one). :wink:

I could direct to a few places that have the pieces, but quite frankly, I got extremely frustrated over the years with the specification errors and changes, and I'm leery to inflict that on anyone. :roll:

It may sound like a pitch, but if you need to analyse your SD Card data, nothing does it better and quicker than WattPlot SumMATE.

Sure you could re-invent the wheel and suffer as I have done for the past decade, but, for a few bucks, why bother? :wink: Don't take my word for it - download a free fully functional trial and see for yourself...

hi I found a pc and downloaded the software but its asking for a code...I cant seem to try a free trial. or can I not load a sd card until I pay?

i'm happy to pay if it works.

I tried to PM you but it says "user doesn't exist"

thanks
Outbacknewbie
Forum Member

Postby intellact on Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:50 pm

Outbacknewbie wrote:hi I found a pc and downloaded the software but its asking for a code...I cant seem to try a free trial. or can I not load a sd card until I pay?

i'm happy to pay if it works.

I tried to PM you but it says "user doesn't exist"

thanks

Technology, eh? #-o I don't know why the PM is not working. I just got one from someone yesterday. In future, you can always reach us through our website or email WattPlot_Info @ WattPlot-dot-com

We spend hundreds of hours on very comprehensive User Guides. I always recommend at least a peek, to know what you're ignoring... :wink:

The code the software is asking for is a Trial Activation key. If you had put in your email settings, the software would have emailed you a code right away. Otherwise, you simply send us your PC ID, as shown on the screen that asks you for the key, just like it says in the instructions on the screen that asks you for the key. (You don't even have to open the manual for that.)

I look forward to getting your email (at Activation-at-WattPlot-dot-com) :smile:
A free, fully-functional trial is free (and fully-functional). You don't have to pay to confirm that it works.
intellact
Forum Czar

Postby rghouse on Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:49 pm

the wattplot download is 404 file not found for all sites I have found for PC windows 7

The mate3s "guides" do not have header info for csv files

anyone? ](*,)
rghouse
Forum Member

My RE system: flexmax 60, Mate 3, 1000 Watt solar, 24 V, 8 6V Crown 390AH Batteries

Postby Gwendoly Espe on Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:20 am

Gwendoly Espe
Applications Engineer

Alpha Technologies Inc. / OutBack Power Technologies
3767 Alpha Way Bellingham WA 98226 USA
http://www.alpha.com
Gwendoly Espe
Applications Engineering

Postby rghouse on Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:02 am

The document you provided does give two great examples of information in the headings of other hardware or configurations but not for my setup. I am running a flexmax 60 with a Mate3s. Here is an example of my data:

11/27/2018 4:00:00 0 3 0 0 0 110 1 0 3 0 0 259 7 0
11/27/2018 4:01:00 0 3 0 0 0 109 1 0 3 0 0 259 7 0
11/27/2018 4:02:00 0 3 0 0 0 109 1 0 3 0 0 259 7 0
11/27/2018 4:03:00 0 3 0 0 0 109 1 0 3 0 0 259 7 0
rghouse
Forum Member

My RE system: flexmax 60, Mate 3, 1000 Watt solar, 24 V, 8 6V Crown 390AH Batteries

Postby Gwendoly Espe on Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:18 am

I think that Page 11/16 has what you are looking for. It's under the Charge Controller portion Device Type (3). If you still think that it doesn't apply, what specifically do you think doesn't line up?
Gwendoly Espe
Applications Engineer

Alpha Technologies Inc. / OutBack Power Technologies
3767 Alpha Way Bellingham WA 98226 USA
http://www.alpha.com
Gwendoly Espe
Applications Engineering

Return to Mate3 / Mate3s