Forum Expert
My RE system: off grid arrangement:
panels: 17,500W
CC: four flexmax 80s
inverters: flexware 1000 with four vfx 3648 inverters,
batteries: trojan flooded: 53.2kwh

log file question

Post by bsshirkey1 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:05 pm

ive opened a random log file in my spreadsheet software. can anybody describe to me what the individual columns of data represent? date, time, port on hub, then from there im lost.
bryan

intellact
Forum Czar

Re: log file question

Post by intellact » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:53 pm

Hi bryan:

You may find the specifications for the original MATE data to be useful. The format has not changed significantly, except that now the port address and device type are separate fields and the MATE3 lines do not include the check sum at the end.

:?: But while we're on the topic, does anyone out there know of a similar up-to-date reference manual for the MATE3 Data Stream?
Andrew Welch, creator of WattPlot

dhamilton
OutBack Technical Service
My RE system: 2x VFXR3524A, FLEXmax80, 6x EnergyCell 106NC, Mate3

Post by dhamilton » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:17 pm

Hello,

I have attached a spreadsheet of the Data log headers.

I hope this helps.
Attachments
Mate3 Data Log headers.xls
(29 KiB) Downloaded 430 times

intellact
Forum Czar

Post by intellact » Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:16 pm

OutBack has released a document with full MATE3 data stream specifications. It happens to be the MATE3 USB Card Owner's Manual.

[Errors: The description of Bit 1 of the FX Misc field is incorrect. The multiplication and division by 2 for export inverters was for the original MATE and does not apply to the MATE3. Also, "Error modes" in Table 7 should read "L2 Inverter current".]

Edilson Lancelot
Forum Junior Member
My RE system: Learn more about Outback power system to set soluctions at my company.

Post by Edilson Lancelot » Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:27 am

Hay, My name is Edilson Lancelot, i'm from Angola and need some really help about the Outback power systems.
I'm workin in Telecommunication company here in Angola name ANGLOABAL amoung with the bigestest telecommunications company name UNITEL - Angola and I've trouble with Logs extract from the MAT3, to show the shareholders the funtion of the equipament, becouse we want that the log's tha we extract from the MAT3 come's in Graph, showing the flutuation of every charge or situations between hours in the outback power.

intellact
Forum Czar

Post by intellact » Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:06 am

Edilson Lancelot wrote:Hay, My name is Edilson Lancelot, i'm from Angola and need some really help about the Outback power systems.
I'm workin in Telecommunication company here in Angola name ANGLOABAL amoung with the bigestest telecommunications company name UNITEL - Angola and I've trouble with Logs extract from the MAT3, to show the shareholders the funtion of the equipament, becouse we want that the log's tha we extract from the MAT3 come's in Graph, showing the flutuation of every charge or situations between hours in the outback power.
Hi Edison:
If you need to see actual fluctuations of charges, etc., I think you should check out WattPlot SumMATE. :smile:

It takes raw data straight off the MATE3's SD Card and can produce detailed pen-plots showing every second of activity, power flow over any time interval, system events, and more. :cool:

Edilson Lancelot
Forum Junior Member
My RE system: Learn more about Outback power system to set soluctions at my company.

Post by Edilson Lancelot » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:36 am

Ok i got it, but im struggling isntalled this programe becouse i never used and its the first time that i see this Wattplot sumMate software, therefore i need some helps how to use it?

intellact
Forum Czar

Post by intellact » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:45 am

Edilson Lancelot wrote:Ok i got it, but im struggling isntalled this programe becouse i never used and its the first time that i see this Wattplot sumMate software, therefore i need some helps how to use it?
Hi Edison:

One of the things that distinguishes WattPlot software is the extensive documentation, Help Tips, and more. :smile: When you installed the program, it also installed a detailed User's Guide, a copy of which is available on-line here.

If you have further questions, I recommend contacting techsupport-at-wattplot.com instead of using this forum. :smile: