How to clear data

An area for discussing the OutBack FLEXnet DC product.

Moderators: OutBack, OutBack Moderator Team

How to clear data

Postby svsimple on Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:06 pm

How do I clear the data shown on the attached screenshot?

I think I went through all the MATE3s screens and cleared everything I could find. All other data items on the MATE3s web portal have cleared except the ones shown on the attached image.

Thanks!
Attachments
battery-info.jpg
svsimple
Forum Member

My RE system:

Re: How to clear data

Postby Mike Curran on Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:45 pm

I've never seen that screen, but I've only had a Mate3s for about a month. How do you get to it? Is it in Optics somewhere?
http://www.tigoenergy.com/site.php?95b2dca2-ca6c
https://enlighten.enphaseenergy.com/public/systems/Hctc107221
Mike Curran
Forum Emperor

My RE system:

Postby raysun on Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:33 pm

That looks like the onboard web site. Is it?
raysun
Forum Czar

My RE system:

Postby svsimple on Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:01 am

It's on the STATUS web page for the MATE3s.
svsimple
Forum Member

My RE system:

Postby raysun on Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:00 am

Is there a FlexnetDC in the system.
raysun
Forum Czar

My RE system:

Postby svsimple on Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:18 pm

Yes, there is an FNDC in the system. I'm not 100% sure since it's been installed for about 3 months, but I believe that section of the Status page only started showing after the FNDC was installed. Before, with just the MATE3s and the FM60 controller that section was blank (i'm 90% sure).
svsimple
Forum Member

My RE system:

Postby raysun on Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:42 pm

The Days since full counter is read from the FNDC. Since it's been installed for about the time on the counter, I'd guess the FNDC doesn't think the charge parameters have ever been met.

Check the battery and charge settings on the FNDC to see if there is a parameter set in a way that charge parameters can never be met.

Also, I seem to recall a factory reset option on the FNDC, but don't recall what all it touches.
raysun
Forum Czar

My RE system:

Postby svsimple on Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:14 pm

Could it be from the Charged Return Amps setting for the FNDC?

I was told it had to be set to 2% of capacity.... but I have 1740 AH capacity, so 2% is a LOT. I called tech support and they said if I set it to such a high value it might prevent the solar system from continuing to charge the battery when it was only producing about 5 or 10 AH.

Do you know the specifics of that setting?
svsimple
Forum Member

My RE system:

Postby raysun on Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:45 pm

From an old application note (7 steps to highly efficient FNDC programming):

The Return Amps must be entered. Return Amps, ADV/ DC/CHARGE This is the charge rate that is expected to be returned to your batteries when they are full or approaching full. This value is derived from a percentage of the total amp hours in your battery bank. This value can be obtained from your battery manufacturer. 2% of your total amp hours is a good default to establish our baseline. For example, a 250 Amp-hour battery bank @ 20hr discharge rate with a 2% value of return amps would be 250 x .02 = 5 amps. Another more concrete method to find your return amps value would be to charge your batteries until they are full using the battery manufacturer charging values to include specific gravity readings if applicable. Then simply do another rebulk and absorb. If you are using an off grid inverter simply turn off the AC source for about 1 minute, and turn on the generator again or reconnect the AC source. If you are using a grid interactive inverter that can sell back to the grid start a RE-BULK (push AC IN button 4 times). Then monitor the current holding your absorb voltage by viewing the shunt activity (positive amps) returning to the battery bank with no loads on the batteries at STATUS/DC/METER . Set the return amps to this value. FYI: This value will change as the batteries age. The return amps for brand new batteries could be as low as 1%. The return amps for older batteries may be as much as 3% perhaps more depending on their condition. Therefore, our suggested default value is 2%, and adjust the Battery Charge Factor (BCF) Step #5 if adjusting is needed.
raysun
Forum Czar

My RE system:

Postby svsimple on Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:26 am

I set the Return Amps to 17 A (1%) and for the past two days the log shows the parameters are met a minute or two before the charger goes from BULK to ABSORB. Does this seem correct or should I tweak this a bit more so it is met at the end of ABSORB?

Does it even matter?
svsimple
Forum Member

My RE system:

Postby raysun on Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:35 am

There are multiple parameters that need to be met before the FNDC sets the charge parameters met flag.

End Amps (or Charged Return Amps I can't recall which label applies) is one.

Absorb Time is another, and is independent of the battery State of Charge. What's happening with the Absorb cycle? Is it running for the full Absorb Time?
raysun
Forum Czar

My RE system:

Postby gtarolli on Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:10 pm

I just reset them the other day on my Mate3. Look around on the mate menus, I think it is in the system config, battery voltage min/Max reset. Section s-12 on the mate3 pgm sheet.
gtarolli
Forum Guru

My RE system:

Postby gtarolli on Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:17 pm

My last post was only re: batter voltage. The days since full is reset by fndc when the charge params are met.
gtarolli
Forum Guru

My RE system:

Return to FLEXnet DC