Does FNDC count ah in and out ?

An area for discussing the OutBack FLEXnet DC product.

Moderators: OutBack Moderator Team, OutBack

Does FNDC count ah in and out ?

Postby blackswan555 on Sat May 06, 2017 11:06 pm

On a system with two shunts, one on PV in, one on Inverter, Does the FNDC count amps in and amps out or do they cancel each other eg the panels are producing 10 amps, the inverter is using 5, Would that be shown as 10a in 5 out or just 5 in ? (reason being, looking at someones monitoring and seeing amps in compared to amps out rise, Trying to figure if it is battery efficiency falling off or just more load being used)

Tim
My comments are based on my experience and research, They are not endorsed or checked by Outback.I am an independent British electrician living in Spain, So please take this into account when reading /acting on my post`s.
blackswan555
OutBack Emperor

My RE system: Other peoples, VFX "E" versions, FLA`s, Generators.

Re: Does FNDC count ah in and out ?

Postby JRHill on Sun May 07, 2017 8:05 am

VM.jpg
VisualMate status screenshot
G'Day Tim,

The answer is that it counts amps in and amps out. You're already familiar with the Mate3 screens and I've attached a screen shot of VisualMate's status for the day at 8am (panels are still in the shadows). Shunt B is the inverter.

Best,
Jim
JRHill
OutBack Guru

My RE system: -House: FM 80, VFX 3648, FlexnetDC, FlexWare xformer, Mate 3 / Hub, WattPlot/, 2925w SunTech 195, Trojan L16RE-B Batteries. Backup 1: Champion 75531i 3100, backup 2: 11kw Miller Bobcat;
-Well: Grundfos 11-SQF-2 pump, controller & AC switch (CU200, IO101), Morningstar 15a/48vdc Controller, 780w SunTech 195, Trojan golf cart batteries.
-All running since July '11 with no critical problems.

Re: Does FNDC count ah in and out ?

Postby blackswan555 on Sun May 07, 2017 10:19 pm

Hi Jim, Thanks for that :smile: I put it down to Spring in Spain and increased usage then, Batteries are 13 years old, lot of residue in bottom but from watching the numbers at a distance (I am closer to you than Spain at mo Cambodia hehehe) they are still performing reasonably well,

Tim
My comments are based on my experience and research, They are not endorsed or checked by Outback.I am an independent British electrician living in Spain, So please take this into account when reading /acting on my post`s.
blackswan555
OutBack Emperor

My RE system: Other peoples, VFX "E" versions, FLA`s, Generators.

Return to FLEXnet DC