Calibrating Battery SOC

OutBack's newest innovation in balance-of-system components

Moderators: OutBack, OutBack Moderator Team

Calibrating Battery SOC

Postby Leo on Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:02 pm

I was wandering how can we calibrate the battery SOC% into the flexpower one. We have a flexpower one with a CC of 80amps we connected our battery bank (12V @ 4 in series , 150AH tubular lead acid with C10 rating) to the flexpower one system , the system automatically detected the battery voltage and by default provided a SOC of 96%. we have programmed the bulk charging at 57.6V and float at 54.4V and a low cut off at 48V (~60% DOD).
however we are not sure that if the battery SOC% displayed at the MATE screen and the real battery SOC% is not same do we need to synchronise the battery to the CC . if yes how do we do it ?
Leo

My RE system: Solar PV battery storage system with grid and other auxiliary generator

Re: Calibrating Battery SOC

Postby tallgirl on Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:41 pm

You need to perform a complete "Absorb" charge cycle all the way through to get the FLEXnet DC and battery bank to be synchronized. After that, you need to properly configure the "Return Amps" so it reaches 100% full at the correct time.
Julie in Texas

greenMonitor(tm) for OutBack Power Technologies systems from greenHouse Gas and Electric. Learn more now!
tallgirl
OutBack Emperor

My RE system: 16 Kyocera KC175GT (2,800 watts DC), MX-60, 2 OutBack GVFX3648, 24 GC2 batteries (6v @ 215AH), 14 Pantheon-based ACPV modules (3,200 watts DC), La Crosse Technologies WS2310 Weather Station, greenLogger Sensors environmental monitor, WattNode watt-hour meter, greenLogger Lite data logger.

Postby Leo on Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:09 pm

Thank you ,

What do you mean by Return Amperes, where about can I adjust this value I haven't see this term yet in the mate programme manual. Also in one of your post I read that you mentioned of setting ampere hours to represent Depth of discharge, where abouts in flexpower one can you confirgure this option.

cheers
Leo

My RE system: Solar PV battery storage system with grid and other auxiliary generator

Postby Leo on Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:04 am

Thank found abt the return amps , will be sticking with the factory defults of 2% of the BB capacity
Leo

Postby tallgirl on Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:11 pm

Leo,

The return amperes has to be determined experimentally, then that value programmed into the Mate in the "ADV/DC" section. I have a white paper on configuring the FLEXnet DC available from my website -- http://www.greenhousepc.com/downloads.html#PUB-FNDC
Julie in Texas

greenMonitor(tm) for OutBack Power Technologies systems from greenHouse Gas and Electric. Learn more now!
tallgirl
OutBack Emperor

My RE system: 16 Kyocera KC175GT (2,800 watts DC), MX-60, 2 OutBack GVFX3648, 24 GC2 batteries (6v @ 215AH), 14 Pantheon-based ACPV modules (3,200 watts DC), La Crosse Technologies WS2310 Weather Station, greenLogger Sensors environmental monitor, WattNode watt-hour meter, greenLogger Lite data logger.

Postby withoutatrace on Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:55 pm

That white paper link doesn't work anymore. I so want to learn more about my PF1 system. Is it available anywhere?
withoutatrace

Postby tallgirl on Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:04 pm

I changed the company name and removed most of the content from the old website (which will be removed completely when the domain name comes up for renewal). The new link is

http://www.ghgande.com/downloads.html#PUB-FNDC
Julie in Texas

tallgirl
OutBack Emperor

Return to FLEXware