What's the flex for?

OutBack's newest innovation in balance-of-system components

Moderators: OutBack, OutBack Moderator Team

What's the flex for?

Postby nik on Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:14 am

Why would I need the flexible nylon conduit between the FW500-AC and DC enclosures?
nik

Postby cschlessman on Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:22 am

To route comm cable through to the other side :smile:

Chuck
cschlessman
OutBack Guru

Postby Kent Osterberg on Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:32 pm

Routing the communication cables through the flex makes it a lot easier to remove the inverters for service.
Kent Osterberg
OutBack Emperor

My RE system: SMA Sunny Boy 2500 with eight Mobil Solar Ra 180 modules

Re: What's the flex for?

Postby Sunkeeper on Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:00 am

I installed a Flexware mounting panel recently and mounted the top inverter without help. I then Installed the flex conduit and attempted the install of the second inverter but the clearance was too tight. It took a second person pushing up on the lower inverter while installing it on the studs to get the flex conduit to compress enough to mount the inverter. Clearance is TIGHT!... ](*,)
Just a heads up for those installing dual inverters on the Flexware mounting plate without help. Installing the lower inverter first may have been better.
Hello from Western North Carolina~!!!~
Sunkeeper
OutBack Expert

Location: Black Mountain, North Carolina @ 3,224' elevation.....wide open solar/wind site on a ridge top.
My RE system: 6 Kyocera 205 watt modules-2 in series (6 more to add) @ 53.2 vdc with FlexMax 80 , 12 Solarex MSX64 modules -3 in series @36 vdc nominal with MX60, 3 Flexware PV-8 Combiner Boxes, Whisper 200 24 VDC Wind Generator, Air X 24 VDC Wind generator, 2 VFX3524 inverters Outback Parallel Stacked, RTS Sensor, Flexware-500 Wall Mounting Plate, Flexware AC-DC 500 breaker enclosures, UL listed sub panel for AFCI and GFCI breakers, FW-ACA & DCA Enclosures, Flexware AC-DC Surge Protector= FW-SP-ACA, Mate 2, Hub 4, 2 FW-SBUS Shunt Extenders, FW-BBUS, TM500A meter, Hup Solar One Batteries 24 volt @ 1,250 Amp/Hrs., Made my own battery cables from Ancor Marine 4/0 Superconductor Cable, Hydro Caps, Zephyr Battery Room Power Vent with Yandina Fan/Vent Control.
Genny Dee Cee 24 VDC propane generator
Davis Vantage Pro 2 wireless weather station

Return to FLEXware