Troubles with wiring bus bars

OutBack's newest innovation in balance-of-system components

Moderators: OutBack Moderator Team, OutBack

Troubles with wiring bus bars

Postby faroutliving on Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:05 pm

Seems like such a simple thing, but I am having boundless troubles inserting stranded 6AWG wires into the Flexware 1000 AC bus bars. Most of the time, some single strand gets rolled up in back where I can't see it until it is too late. And once the bundle is disturbed, I might as well cut off the bare copper portion and start over because the chances of laying that wire back down and getting it all to fit goes down exponentially with each failed attempt.

Is there a trick to this?

On a side note, I would love to see the insides of a fully wired Flexware 1000. Anyone know of photos? Several routing decisions I've made that later wished I'd done a different way. With the fun I'm having, I'm not going back :-)

Thanks,

Deron
faroutliving
Forum Junior Member

Re: Troubles with wiring bus bars

Postby petertearai on Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:21 pm

on the bigger cables I carefully cut around twice. then I have the big circular tube of insulatio and very narrow other ring . remove the larger bit . leaving the smaller bit to slide up to almost the end . now you can slide on the lug . the small piece will slide back . it csn now be removed . .... hope this long ramble helps .
2220 pv. fm80. 4times rolls 450 ah 24 volts. victron battery monitor. outback fxr 2000 watt inverter
petertearai
Forum Guru

My RE system: 2220 watt pv, fm80, outback fxr 2000 watt inverter. Rolls s600 times 4 24 volt system victron battery moniter. optics RE

Postby Ravenswood on Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:51 am

Maybe a little late in this case but there are different types of stranded wire and I found that wire with a higher strand count was much easier to deal with (much more flexible and it was easier to route and fit into the connectors).
Ravenswood
Forum Junior Member

My RE system: 24 Canadian Solar CS6P-255P panels, ICSPlus-2, 2 - FM80 charge controllers, Radian 8048a Inverter, GSLC175-PV-120/240 Load Center, Mate3, 12 - Discover Energy 12VRE-3000TF-L batteries (3 strings of 4)

Postby faroutliving on Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:13 am

Simple. I like it! I'll give it a try this afternoon.

Thanks,
Deron
faroutliving
Forum Junior Member

Return to FLEXware