Flexware 250

OutBack's newest innovation in balance-of-system components

Moderators: OutBack, OutBack Moderator Team

Flexware 250

Postby DJ on Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:05 pm

Hey guys!

Put in my first Flexware 250 the other day... ah, the dawning of a new era in DC disconnects ;-).

So, the 250. Cute little thing. Little tight for an off grid system. after you have the 250a disconnect in there, and two 60s for the array, and maybe one for a water system, it's pretty snug, even without the lightning arrestor.

And no place for the shunt for the TM-500/Link10/Bogart2020 whatever.
I ended up drilling and bolting it to the AC side (I never use it, I send it to a conventional AC breaker panel).

But, if you have a client that absolutely needs to get the whole system into a closet... (and I have, more than once!) it's a very slick idea.

I can just imagine the meeting that birthed it: "So, boB and the guys over there have it set up so you can mount the inverter right on their DC disconnect! What are we gonna do?"

"Well, let's mount the DC disconnect right on the inverter!"

Corner office ;-).

DJ
"Temporem Triremi Curtate; Ceteri Expectant"
DJ
OutBack Virtuoso

Re: Flexware 250

Postby Saggy on Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:34 pm

I know this is a 5 year old Post, but I can hardly wait to wire mine up! Sounds like some bloody knuckles coming my way.
Saggy

My RE system: Trace PS2512 with SWRC, Pulse Energy PC 250 with 60 amp PWM charge controller, Trace T240, 9- Siemens SP 75 panels on DPW pole mounts, 2-L16's and an Onan 2.5lk propane powered generator. Old school stuff.

Return to FLEXware