Hub settings

A place to post images of your OutBack Power System

Moderators: OutBack, OutBack Moderator Team

Raymack
Forum Junior Member
My RE system: 2600w solar array Dual Outback Inverters Flex Max 80. 1020ahr lead acid batteries running 2 strings of 48 volts

Hub settings

Post by Raymack » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:48 pm

My hub is set for backup generator on auto start
I’m adding grid power and transfer switch
Do I set hub for grid tie and generator to
Manual off ? Recommendations?

jnh
Forum Guru
My RE system: GVFX-3524, FM-80+FM-60, ~4.9kW PV in mixed panels on movable platforms, 300 Ah AGMs @ 24V, 80Ah @ 12V, Hub4, Mate, FNDC, Midnite E-Panel, homebrew DC-DC crossfeed to 12V system, Honda EU-1000i, Iota DLS-27-25

Re: Hub settings

Post by jnh » Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:27 pm

You mean the Mate settings, right? An Outback Hub only relays signals, and has no settings of its own to adjust (other than one jumper inside for a 3-phase system with three inverters).

Pre-Radian Outback inverters having only a single AC input each does complicate keeping both a generator and grid source connected. An external transfer switch or relay, automatic or manual, can select between the sources, but you'd still need to toggle SETUP/FX/INPUT/ac_transfer_control between Gen and Grid each time, so that the Outback system knows what's connected, and I don't know of any way to automate this.

Do you plan to sell power back to the grid? If not, just leaving that INPUT toggle on Gen full-time may work well enough, with the drawback of not being able to keep separate input amperage limits for each source. Leaving it on Grid would probably stop AGS from working.

Raymack
Forum Junior Member
My RE system: 2600w solar array Dual Outback Inverters Flex Max 80. 1020ahr lead acid batteries running 2 strings of 48 volts

Re: Hub settings

Post by Raymack » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:32 pm

Thanks. Yes I think I have a mate 2
I have a manual switch so I’ll leave
Gen off and set grid power. Solar should
Continue doing it’s thing. Not selling back
Power back