Radian on a boat?

Discussion about OutBack Inverters in Marine Applications

Moderators: OutBack, OutBack Moderator Team

Radian on a boat?

Postby Yamez4u on Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:17 am

I am thinking of using a Radian inverter on my 41 foot Chris Craft commander. The inverter would be mounted in the Engine room and would use and charge a 48v 1000ah Winston LiFePo4 battery. Would there be any issues with the boats floating ground? Is there a charge profile for lithium chemistry batteries? I will be mounting 3100w to 3600w Grape 100w panels. I have not decided on the positive or negative grounded panels, if the positive grounded are even possible on a boat? I know a lot of differnt questions, feel free to answer just the ones you can. Thanks
Yamez4u

My RE system: Planning on a Radian inverter with a 48v 1000ah Wiston Lifepo pack. 3100w to 3600w Grape Solar array made up of 100w panels, on my 41 foot Chris Craft commander boat.

Re: Radian on a boat?

Postby dhamilton on Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:47 pm

The Radian is not designed or been tested for mobile applications so I do not recommend using it for this application. As for lithium batteries, the charging Algorithm was designed for lead acid technology. If you would like to use lithium technology I would contact the battery manufacture.

Have a good one.
dhamilton
OutBack Technical Service

My RE system: 2x VFXR3524A, FLEXmax80, 6x EnergyCell 106NC, Mate3

Return to Marine Applications