Reference Help on Stacking Radians, Mult C.C.'s, etc.?

Discussion about OutBack Inverters in Off Grid Applications

Moderators: OutBack, OutBack Moderator Team

Reference Help on Stacking Radians, Mult C.C.'s, etc.?

Postby AltPowerRob on Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:09 pm

I'm getting ready to tackle a BIG removal, redesign, and relocation project consisting of (2) 8048 radians, (2) Gens, (6) arrays/controllers & (2) 48V battery strings. The system is functional, is about 4 yrs. old, but has been messed with by multiple companies, and has multiple issues. It's in a bad location (venting, space, heat, etc..) & is needing to be moved to a dedicated power room (newly built for this application :) ).. I have the existing system to reference, but it is a "hacked up mess" and we want to do this rebuild the right way! We've installed several OB systems from scratch & have rebuilt a few as well, but not with this many Radians, and Charge Controllers coming in, etc..... Can someone please provide some reference one-lines, pics, and/or wiring/management guidance on how best to bring this all together nicely, especially w/ re: to: GSLC qty./use, DC buss/brkrs, (6) CC's coming in to (2) radians? balance? & (2) 48V battery strings into (2) seper. Radians (each w/ 2 DC breakers)? how best? .. Thanks for any insight!
Rob Bennett
Alternative Power Solutions
AltPowerRob

Re: Reference Help on Stacking Radians, Mult C.C.'s, etc.?

Postby Djohnyvonne on Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:12 pm

Here's a link that might help:
http://outbackpower.com/downloads/docum ... radian.pdf

I'm in the process of putting my system together and using two 8048 inverters as well. I'm trying to configure the GSLC load centers to accommodate my needs.
Djohnyvonne

My RE system: 2-GS8048A INVERTERS, 2-GSLC 175-PV-12/240 LOAD CENTERS, 4-FLEXNET FM-80 MPPT CHARGE CONTROLLERS, MATE 3, FN-DC MONITOR, HUB 10.3, SILFAB SLA280M MODULES, 2-MNPV12 COMBINER BOXES, 48- TROJAN LRE 2V 1110Ah BATTERIES, IRON RIDGE GROUND MOUNTS

Return to Off Grid Applications