OPTICS.RPY file

Discussion about OutBack Inverters in Off Grid Applications

Moderators: OutBack, OutBack Moderator Team

bill@spikowski.com
Forum Expert
My RE system: Standalone remote system (not connected to grid) with a pair of 330-watt PV panels; 890Ah Rolls battery bank; FLEXmax 60 charge controller; FX2012T inverter; Mate3; FLEXnet DC

OPTICS.RPY file

Post by bill@spikowski.com » Sun May 29, 2016 5:13 pm

Does anyone know what is in the OPTICS.RPY file on the SD in a Mate3?

I've pretty much given up on reliably obtaining CSV files from my Mate3 (as reported in other threads in this forum).

The only file that gets copied to the SD card is OPTICS.RPY -- does it contain data that I could read in OPTICS.RE software?

I don't have an internet connection where my system is installed so I'm trying to find a way to monitor its performance during my weekly visits.

larrywa
Forum Guru
My RE system: FlexPower Two
2 x GVFX3648s,
2 x FM80s,
FNDC w/3 shunts,
Mate3 v3.015.005 (works excellent!)
Hub 10.3,
PV:1000W east@45, 600W west@45, 2400W south@19 deg.
Battery:48v @ 130Ahr Crown batteries, deep cycle <$380 for 6.25kWh

ISY994i HA, Insteon, X10, Philips Hue, MiLight bulbs & RGBW strips
WebControl 8 as weather station stuffing
ISY994 variables via REST interface

Raspberry Pi3 x 2, Pi1 B+

Re: OPTICS.RPY file

Post by larrywa » Sun May 29, 2016 6:25 pm

I can't recall seeing any *.rpy file(s).

I think your only hope is to try to make sense of the csv files. You can import them with MS Excel but it seems tome they were a bad format that could not be understood with three lines of data wrapping.

Possibly your could install a WattPlot software onto a Raspberry Pi computer running windows. It may present a properly formatted .csv file for you to take home with you. Another one would some old laptop with WattPlot installed on it, interrogating via the Ethernet cable.

There are cell modems but the mobile service can be expensive.

bill@spikowski.com
Forum Expert
My RE system: Standalone remote system (not connected to grid) with a pair of 330-watt PV panels; 890Ah Rolls battery bank; FLEXmax 60 charge controller; FX2012T inverter; Mate3; FLEXnet DC

Post by bill@spikowski.com » Tue May 31, 2016 9:53 am

My preference is to rely on the CSV files, as you suggest -- copying them from the SD card during my weekly visits.

The CSV files are somewhat strange, but I've worked with Intellact and their Wattplot software can interpret them pretty well.

The reason I'm investigating other solutions is because the MATE3 doesn't put those files on the SD card reliably enough. I've had multiple problems with this, and found a couple of workarounds, but the problems keep cropping up and I've pretty much concluded that there are unsolvable problems in the MATE3 software or firmware.

I hadn't thought about interrogating the MATE3 with ethernet -- if that bypasses the problematic SD card, it could work. It sounds more complicated than just reading the SD card, but maybe it would be reliable enough to serve my purposes!

larrywa
Forum Guru
My RE system: FlexPower Two
2 x GVFX3648s,
2 x FM80s,
FNDC w/3 shunts,
Mate3 v3.015.005 (works excellent!)
Hub 10.3,
PV:1000W east@45, 600W west@45, 2400W south@19 deg.
Battery:48v @ 130Ahr Crown batteries, deep cycle <$380 for 6.25kWh

ISY994i HA, Insteon, X10, Philips Hue, MiLight bulbs & RGBW strips
WebControl 8 as weather station stuffing
ISY994 variables via REST interface

Raspberry Pi3 x 2, Pi1 B+

Post by larrywa » Tue May 31, 2016 9:13 pm

I successfully tried to Telnet into the Mate3 but any file search, loading, viewing commands are not listed and I couldn't find any hacking commands to accomplish this.

I got more IP addresses and Ports from some of the Telnet commands but the protocols are unknown to me.