VFX3524 with 7K Briggs Stratton generator

Discussion about OutBack Inverters in Backup Applications

Moderators: OutBack, OutBack Moderator Team

VFX3524 with 7K Briggs Stratton generator

Postby Oldmat on Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:13 pm

I have a VFX3524 inverter and a Briggs and Stratton 7k generator. The BS puts out 240v and the inverter is only 120v. Do I use a stepdown transformer to make this work? Oh yea have a BS transfer switch also. When batteries are low inverter should start generator but if I use a transformer to step down will the auto start work? Not having a lot of luck on the web finding info on an Outback to a Briggs and Stratton. Any help would be appreciated.
Norm in Mattawatchan
Oldmat

My RE system: Vfx 3524 inverter, two mx60 and one mx80, mate hub 4 port, 24 volt system with 30 12 volt VRLA batteries

Re: VFX3524 with 7K Briggs Stratton generator

Postby vtmaps on Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:32 am

Welcome to the forum. I am not familiar with your particular generator. Does the generator have only 240 v output? Some generators will allow half power on one leg of a 240 volt circuit, but may not like having a great imbalance between the two legs of a 240 v circuit.
Otherwise, as you mentioned, a transformer is the solution.
If you don't get an answer here, try asking at: http://www.wind-sun.com/ForumVB/forum.php where there are some generator experts who know more about your generator than I do.

--vtMaps
vtmaps
OutBack Guru

Return to Backup Applications