gm manage

Discussion about OutBack Inverters in Backup Applications

Moderators: OutBack, OutBack Moderator Team

gm manage

Postby gww on Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:00 pm

I was reading an earlier post that dealt with grid use and hbx. It was mentioned that gm manage was the way to go. Why and what does it cost. I have nothing installed yet and won't be able to for 14 months when I retire. I have been building procuring and learning so I have a chance of getting it close to right when I put it together and actually use it. I intend at this time to buy 16 sams club batteries and run an ssr to turn on a hot water heater with the mx 60 through the inverter. This will be my dump load. My goal is to run loads and use all the power the panels make rather then letting them shut down due to lack of load and lack of charging draw. I want to protect the batteries with in reason while getting the most out of my charging potential. I do have the grid but will not sell as the aplication from my elect comp doesn't allow for homemade. If I say anything that you see won't work or you can help me, please tell me. After we interact a little you will see what a newby I am and how much help I will really need and how hard I am to teach. Ask me what you need to know. If nothing else, thanks for taking the time to read it.
Thanks
gww

PS
I have two inverters not one as my profile states.
gww
OutBack Guru

My RE system: 1. installed
2. 5640 watts mx panels
3. 2 axial flux Hugh Piggot 500 watt turbines
5. 2 gvfx 3648 inverters
6. 1 mx 60 charge controller, 1 fm 80 and 1 morningstar ts60 pmw
7. outback mount, panel and sub panel
8. mate
9. 4 place hub
10. couple more cc, doc wattson
11. 800 ah, 48 volt fork truck battery

Re: gm manage

Postby gww on Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:52 pm

Perhaps I misunderstood and this is part of the outback programing. I got the ideal from this post.

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=5131

Any explination is aprieciated. Also does this site have a spell check function?
gww
OutBack Guru

My RE system: 1. installed
2. 5640 watts mx panels
3. 2 axial flux Hugh Piggot 500 watt turbines
5. 2 gvfx 3648 inverters
6. 1 mx 60 charge controller, 1 fm 80 and 1 morningstar ts60 pmw
7. outback mount, panel and sub panel
8. mate
9. 4 place hub
10. couple more cc, doc wattson
11. 800 ah, 48 volt fork truck battery