How to repair stripped AC IN screw???

Discussion about OutBack Inverters in Backup Applications

Moderators: OutBack, OutBack Moderator Team

How to repair stripped AC IN screw???

Postby wirenut on Sat May 05, 2012 5:28 am

I was installing a used, 5 year old VFX3648. The screw that tightens the AC HOT IN is stripped. I can't fully tighten the terminal on the #6 wire. If I'm careful I can get it semi-tight but I can still pretty easily pull the wire back out. Are these terminals easily replaceable? I don't want to have to send the whole inverter to Outback just for this. I was thinking of trying to swap the upper terminal block with the lower one. That would put the terminal in a redundant "ground" position so I could just use the other ground connection.
Does anybody have any advice on getting the screw out or getting a new one in there? Any other good ideas?

Thanks,
wirenut
Forum Member

My RE system: 36 Solar World 235 modules. 6 are connected to an FM60 and 2 VFX3648 inverters for back-up. The other 30 mods are connected to an SMA SB 6.0 for gird tie operation.

Re: How to repair stripped AC IN screw???

Postby american-cherokee on Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:41 pm

Howdy: Did you ever get any kind of response on this question? Or did you come up with a solution? Have the identical problem (same location) and I need to get it fixed. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
american-cherokee
Forum Junior Member

My RE system: FlexMax 60
VFX 35-24

Return to Backup Applications