FXR3048A stopped selling or offsetting

Discussion about OutBack Inverters in Grid Tie Applications

Moderators: OutBack Moderator Team, OutBack

SomeJ
Forum Member
My RE system: Inverter: FXR3048A
Charge controller: FM60-150VDC
Mate3s
Batteries: 4x 140ah AGM (telecom grade) in series to make 48v.
*This setup is on a Cushman 48v electric cart*
When the cart is parked it plugs into 2 strings of 3x 275w solar panels (wired in series), and into a grid connection. The original battery charger has been removed from the cart and all charging is done through solar or the inverter. When the batteries are charged exes power is exported to the property (grid connection).

I also have a much larger stationary offgrid/gridtie (at my will) Schneider Electric setup running the property.

FXR3048A stopped selling or offsetting

Post by SomeJ » Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:04 am

I had this issue when I originally set this thing up quite a while back, and then it "magically" started working without me ever figuring out what "fixed" the issue.

It's worked perfect since then till a week ago. Now the unit refuses to sell to the grid or offset grid power no matter what I do.

FM60 is set for grid-tie mode
FX unit is set for grid-tie mode, with offset enabled. Inverter mode on.
On the mate3S:
Griduse times are disabled
Loadgrid transfer is disabled
HBX mode disabled
Modes - Grid-Tie Mode is enabled

When I check the sell status on the mate3, all conditions are marked with N.

Everything setting I can think of looks correct.

Anyone have any ideas on what else to look at?

I can get the text config off the mate3 if that would help verify settings.

Thanks,
J

fcwlp
Forum Guru
My RE system: GS8048A, FM80 w/3,600 W PV Fixed, FM80 w/2,700W on Zomeworks tracker, Mate3, 24 Trojan 2V L16 1100AH @ C20, Grid-Tied with Kohler 14RESA LPG Generator and MEP-803 Diesel if needed
I also install and maintain grid-tied and off-grid systems, details will be given for these system if required

Re: FXR3048A stopped selling or offsetting

Post by fcwlp » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:05 pm

What are your voltage set points:
- On the CC for absorb and float?
- On the inverter for absorb, float and sell?

For a 48V system you want the CC's voltage set points 0.4V higher than the inverter's voltage set points for the absorb and float.

Program the sell voltage 1.0 to 1.5V below float.

In OpticsRE for Mate3, Global Charge tab, disable "Auto Grid-Tie Control" if enabled.

FYA, I assume your Schneider system is on your well not your will. :grin:

SomeJ
Forum Member
My RE system: Inverter: FXR3048A
Charge controller: FM60-150VDC
Mate3s
Batteries: 4x 140ah AGM (telecom grade) in series to make 48v.
*This setup is on a Cushman 48v electric cart*
When the cart is parked it plugs into 2 strings of 3x 275w solar panels (wired in series), and into a grid connection. The original battery charger has been removed from the cart and all charging is done through solar or the inverter. When the batteries are charged exes power is exported to the property (grid connection).

I also have a much larger stationary offgrid/gridtie (at my will) Schneider Electric setup running the property.

Post by SomeJ » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:28 pm

CC:
ABS was 55.4v. Now 55.6v
Float 54.5v

Inverter:
ABS 55.2v
Float was 55.2v. Now 54v
Sell voltage was 53.6v. Now 52.8v

Mate3:
Auto grid tie control was already disabled

After adjusting the voltages it appears the unit is now selling power again!
I was out of town when it stopped working, and those settings have been that way for a few months... Not sure why it was working but we look to be good now :D
Thanks much!!!

Also with the Schneider gear, it is an at my will grid-tie/off grid setup. With the flip of a "switch" the property goes off grid (we go off grid every now and then during the spring and fall while power use is low, mostly so I can test different things out with the setup while I further develop my automation controls of the entire system) :D

fcwlp
Forum Guru
My RE system: GS8048A, FM80 w/3,600 W PV Fixed, FM80 w/2,700W on Zomeworks tracker, Mate3, 24 Trojan 2V L16 1100AH @ C20, Grid-Tied with Kohler 14RESA LPG Generator and MEP-803 Diesel if needed
I also install and maintain grid-tied and off-grid systems, details will be given for these system if required

Post by fcwlp » Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:20 pm

Good to know it is now working.
SomeJ wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:28 pm
Also with the Schneider gear, it is an at my will grid-tie/off grid setup.
Now I understand the "will." I can flip the switch also to go off grid and also have a transfer switch to supply 175A from grid to the "critical" load sub-panel if I want.